**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**

Brian

What I've started watching with all the free time I have from not watching Sox games:

• Started watching House of the Dragon. Never saw Game of Thrones, but this is a prequel so I'm just going to start with it
  • Ken Burns' documentary The U.S. and the Holocause. Airing this week on PBS. Learned a lot of stuff about WWII/the Holocaust that they don't teach in school
  • The Hunters on Amazon Prime. Fictional story about Nazi hunters in the US in the 1970s. One season in the books and supposedly a second one coming.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:18 PM, Brian said:

I finally started “The Orville” a few weeks ago and got addicted. Only 36 eps so far so I breezed through it. Hope there’s an s4.

I thought it was going to be sci-fi satire but it’s a serious sci-fi show with some comedy and good characters.

I watched it when it was on Fox. It wasn't quite what I expected but I still enjoyed it. I'm sad that it's only on Hulu now.

On 9/21/2022 at 2:54 PM, CentralChamps21 said:

What I've started watching with all the free time I have from not watching Sox games:

• Started watching House of the Dragon. Never saw Game of Thrones, but this is a prequel so I'm just going to start with it
  • Ken Burns' documentary The U.S. and the Holocause. Airing this week on PBS. Learned a lot of stuff about WWII/the Holocaust that they don't teach in school
  • The Hunters on Amazon Prime. Fictional story about Nazi hunters in the US in the 1970s. One season in the books and supposedly a second one coming.

This should be required viewing for every American of voting age.  Our complicity in the Holocaust is horrifying.  The fact that some think it made up makes me irrationally angry.

Finished West Wing finally.  Solid show, though watching in 2022 is bizarre what they thought was crazy and radical probably would get you drummed out of a major party these days for being too soft.  I will say I LOVED the very end.  What a perfect wrap up on that show.