Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

My god why does he talk so slow and serious.  If this is going to be a season long thing I may not watch another game.

Our Chuck is the best sideline reporter in all of sports. Probably the only one that adds anything to broadcasts. Dont bash the man let him go.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree.

I dont know, seemed like a good spot for a major league debut to see what we have (which was impressive). Detwiler shouldnt be on the roster but hes the emergency to the emergency. Theres a chance he never pitches but well see

Always sucks to lose the opener but there were a lot of positives in this game. All I heard all offseason is how no White Sox rookie ever comes out of the gate strong. Said Lubo was different and I hope you guys are seeing why. The kid is a monster. Moncada doesn’t look like he missed a beat and Eloy looks like the stud hitter we all expected him to be when he was first traded for. This lineup is going to score a lot of runs. The only question is whether or not the starting pitching will come through. But I feel confident about their chances of making the playoffs this season barring significant injuries, illnesses, etc.

8 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Just got home and was planning on watching game as I recorded it. My son told me not to.

He also said Leury Garcia looked like he was a little league 2and baseman. What happened at 2nd,? Fill me in....

Do you remember how in 2006 we had an excellent CF in Anderson and we played a 3b, Mackowiak in CF for some reason, and to this day I say that cost us a playoff birth because every game that gave away like 3 outs Anderson would have caught? 

Exactly that. A good defensive 2b and this is a 5-5 game somewhere late. Both pitch count and runs. At least one ply Madrigal makes easily, 2 others maybe he makes if he’s as good as promised.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Do you remember how in 2006 we had an excellent CF in Anderson and we played a 3b, Mackowiak in CF for some reason, and to this day I say that cost us a playoff birth because every game that gave away like 3 outs Anderson would have caught? 

Exactly that. A good defensive 2b and this is a 5-5 game somewhere late. Both pitch count and runs. At least one ply Madrigal makes easily, 2 others maybe he makes if he’s as good as promised.

I have always thought if Ozzie would've kept Anderson out there all season we would've made the playoffs in 06.  Thought I was alone on that island.

As for now, need a big game from Dallas tomorrow.

I have always thought if Ozzie would've kept Anderson out there all season we would've made the playoffs in 06.  Thought I was alone on that island.

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Just now, wegner said:

Nope I’ve been casually asserting that here for 15 years. Every time he was out there, 2 or 3 plays weren’t made, and every time it was key to a big inning, and that drove up the pitch count and the pitcher was throwing high stress pitches and wore out and there was the difference in the pitchers, zero help all year.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Nope I’ve been casually asserting that here for 15 years. Every time he was out there, 2 or 3 plays weren’t made, and every time it was key to a big inning, and that drove up the pitch count and the pitcher was throwing high stress pitches and wore out and there was the difference in the pitchers, zero help all year.

Couldn't agree more.  In 2006, I was unfortunately trolling over at flying sock.