8-23 GT: Sox @ Cubs (1:20pm)

Just now, RudyLawRules said:

Yoan is definitely not right physically, but Robert has to be more mentally prepared in his ABs. Seems disinterested at times. He's young so I will cut him slack...but he may need a sit-down from Pito to explain what focus means. 

If he’s going to just swing 3 times each at bat, you better swing at strikes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

As I said earlier, they were playing with house money today. Just win series and we‘ll win the division.

Agreed. A win would have been nice, but it's not easy to sweep a series, especially vs. a good team like the Cubs. All things considered, today went better than I thought. Cease definitely showed improvement. Moncada is a bit concerning. His EV is down, he always limps after he runs, and the defense has been abysmal in the past week. If Madrigal can get back, we can give Yoan 10 days off to get things right and stick Mendick at 3rd. Goins just isn't gonna cut it there. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Agreed. A win would have been nice, but it's not easy to sweep a series, especially vs. a good team like the Cubs. All things considered, today went better than I thought. Cease definitely showed improvement. Moncada is a bit concerning. His EV is down, he always limps after he runs, and the defense has been abysmal in the past week. If Madrigal can get back, we can give Yoan 10 days off to get things right and stick Mendick at 3rd. Goins just isn't gonna cut it there. 

Yoan’s defense has been abysmal all year, they just haven’t given him errors on his misplays.

Goins playing 3B more than 1 emergency game is nightmare fuel

I'm not pissed cease started the sixth. But not having anybody up is bull shit. You tell him you going out first sign of trouble you done. If he closes the inning out without giving up anything great. But the double to baez should have been the end

• Like 4

Just now, EloyJenkins said:

Oh well. Great series, but being in first today would be mighty fine. 16-12 seems worlds away from 17-11 for some reason in this season. But pirates should help rectify that real quick.

We also face a lefty on Tuesday, so that's encouraging. 

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I'm not pissed cease started the sixth. But not having anybody up is bull shit. You tell him you going out first sign of trouble you done. If he closes the inning out without giving up anything great. But the double to baez should have been the end

Our reluctance to get the bullpen up just in case something bad happens baffles me. It's like Ricky thinks everything will be roses or that his relievers can get ready in 2 minutes. 

Our reluctance to get the bullpen up just in case something bad happens baffles me. It's like Ricky thinks everything will be roses or that his relievers can get ready in 2 minutes. 

Yeah he’s gotten away with it but he’s been very reactive 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh come on, you know Cooper sits at home looking at the picture of him from the 05 ALCS and saying that’s how it should be.

I'll tell ya what...back in my day, we used to let our starters throw 4 straight complete games. 

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh come on, you know Cooper sits at home looking at the picture of him from the 05 ALCS and saying that’s how it should be.

Seems to be the mantra this year with this team.  I guess it's still their philosophy.  I will say they have been having much better at bats as a team lately in regard to making pitchers work. 

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I was chastised yesterday for saying that people continue to talk negative about Cooper.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the young relievers look so good after working with the more technologically-advanced minor league instructors