Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I am still trying to figure out why the Brewers would be selling off Woodruff and/or Hader. They are in the playoffs as of now even with a pretty bad start.

i jokingly said Dunning’s start was a showcase. But in reality it may be. The White Sox are on of the teams that do not participate in sharing a feed from their Alternate site. 

I think you’re right and as I mentioned in a previous post, Dunning was a consensus top 100 prospect before his injury and had serious helium.  Throwing him out against Mize proved the stuff is 100% back and that he’s more or less ready for a major league job.  Another strong start stuff wise today only helps reinforce that point and hopefully cements him as 50 FV type prospect if he’s the guy they’re trying to use as a centerpiece for a legit TOR starter.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It does you no good to have an "elite batting eye" if you can't hit it when it is there.

Guys can improve their bat to ball skills over time, but an elite batters eye is something you are born with.  I think people hate on his hit tool way too much.  Dude was a rookie last year and was fairly effective down the stretch against RHP once he made his mechanical adjustments.  He’s never going to be a high average guy, but with time I think he can eventually be a plus overall hitter against RHP.  There is plenty of value in that, especially if he can take on backup catcher responsibilities.

35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t understand why they would consider trading him. He’s good, controlled, cheap, and if the season ended today they are in the playoffs. If he is readily available, it seems they think he cannot keep doing what he is doing.

It doesn’t make any sense at all TBH, which is why the cost would have to be crazy.

3 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

I really think you can.  Stiever is younger and actually higher rated than Dunning....seems like the Rangers baseball people would like that even if Dunning is a bit sexier.  So go Stiever-Collins-Lopez and Tatis.  My only reason for including Dunning is I think he is easier to sell to the Rangers fan base because of his recent Dunning-Mize pitch off.  I actually kind of love a Gio-Dallas-Lynn-Cease-Dunning rotation for the next year and a half.  Hold on I'll go call the Rangers GM.  

And if they take your proposed package you forgot to add Kopech to your rotation mix.

I will say that if you truly think E. Tatis will be the best player in baseball someday why would you trade him ? 

I doubt the Sox trade him  because of the other infamous Tatis trade.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And if they take your proposed package you forgot to add Kopech to your rotation mix.

I will say that if you truly think E. Tatis will be the best player in baseball someday why would you trade him ? 

He thinks this Tatis will be the best player in baseball some day?

8 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Oh, well if Morosi says it..

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He was just joking around, only Fernando Sr believes Elijah will be the best player in baseball someday.