Trade Watch Rumor

bmags

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Seriously, the idea that we should run the franchise on the short sighted opinions of internet posters overreacting on a message board in a moment of bad play is about as dumb of a thing that the White Sox could do.  I could give a crap less about the "why didn't we trade for another pitcher crowd".

The Sox undertook the rebuild for a reason.  The worst possible thing would be to pull up short 10 yards short of the finish line because fans want to make a splash now.

Yes trading for Lynn would total blow up everything. Glad we could iron that out.

Edited by Baron
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

It isn't the lack of experience that is Cease's issue here, its his lack of control of his mechanics. I'd rather send Dunning out there and he obviously has less experience

He isn't going to get mechanics by getting benched.  Lucas Giolito needed to be the worst pitcher in baseball to get through figuring it out. 

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Am I the the only who noticed that RR has been using him in higher leverage situations the last week?

Unfortunately, I noticed too. Thought it was weird that we'd go to arguably our worst reliever because he's young, but not give the superior Heuer/Foster the same chances

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If he's on the playoff roster then it would be intelligent to get him into a game. 

I think it's a much better idea to let Robert, Eloy, Moncada, TA, Madrigal, Gio, Cooper, Bummer as many playoff games as possible this year rather than making sure Burdi gets 10 pitches if he hasn't shown he can hang in preseason unless absolutely necessary.

3 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

That would be ok. Collins, Heuer and Stiever preserves the top core talents. Allows Sox to offer McCann something if he doesn't like offers next year. 

Gives us 3 pitching studs this year and next year, with Dunning 4 and Cease 5 is a great rotation for the rest of the year. 2 Young guys will have to compete with Kopech for the last 3 spots next spring. Cease particularly will need to show improvement to keep his spot.

Low salary for Lynn next year gets the OK from JR since RH likely promised no big FA pitching acquisitions in the offseason in exchange. 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Unfortunately, I noticed too. Thought it was weird that we'd go to arguably our worst reliever because he's young, but not give the superior Heuer/Foster the same chances

Heuer had been getting some key set up roles until this weekend.  Of course that could be because of the whole trade rumor thing, but he had been working into the slot right before Marshall coming out of the pen until a couple of days ago.

Foster they originally seemed to be saving for longer relief/opener work, though he did some later work over the weekend. He pitched the 7th inning in a one run game with the Cubs, the 6th in one run game against KC, and the 10th in a tie game yesterday. 

Both of these guys are getting higher leverage rides as the season has gone on.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Heuer had been getting some key set up roles until this weekend.  Of course that could be because of the whole trade rumor thing, but he had been working into the slot right before Marshall coming out of the pen until a couple of days ago.

Foster they originally seemed to be saving for longer relief/opener work, though he did some later work over the weekend. He pitched the 7th inning in a one run game with the Cubs, the 6th in one run game against KC, and the 10th in a tie game yesterday. 

Both of these guys are getting higher leverage rides as the season has gone on.

Foster had a higher leverage appearance on Saturday as well. I think they were really trying to give him a day off yesterday. It didn't work out but he got a win.