Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

For what its worth.  This offseasons "insiders" have had a much better hit rate then Hector did during the Machado offseason.   

I agree. Thus far having these guys has made it fun. 

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Except it wouldn't be hard at all to sign both Joc and Hendriks if they even gave a half ass attempt at making a financial commitment to maximize their chances to win a title in this window. 

Of course, but the combo of Jerry being cheap and the pandemic has made Hahn have to try to piece it all together.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

I’m all in on Hendricks, want him so bad. I think these guys do have some credibility but we should be cautious given his agent is Dan Lozano. Could be effing with us the same way he did with machado 

Yeah he is using Chicago to string it out and get another bidder again.

Hendriks will sign in March.

With San Diego.

And FO will say they had the high bid. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, he’s been about as good as it gets the last two years:

D8E029A5-5896-4141-AE73-B6CE7FEA93DD.jpeg

Hendriks has clearly been the best reliever, but that chart is another demonstration of fangraphs idiotic war formulas. Only in fangraph's crazed world did Joakim Soria, Hansel Robles, Wander Sueno, Raisel Iglesias, etc out perform Colome in that period, and I'll take that to the bank

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Hendricks and Quintana would be amazing.  Let's be positive team!!  Go Sox!!  Finish these deals Sox!

Eh, Quintana doesn't really move the needle, we will really need Cease to step it up or for Kopech to be good right out of the gate. But if they indeed sign Q, Hendriks and re-sign Colome I could definitely say this is an improved club.

And yet I'd still feel like it was overall a disappointment and that the Sox did not optimize their window and go after the big FAs like they should have.

What a bizarre situation this is.

• Like 1

97 appearances in 222 games is scary. Thats a ton of wear and tear; A's really got their money worth. Would be a fine signing but wish the resources were allocated to something more reliable than a late inning reliever. Hes awesome though if he can stay healthy and maintain his stuff which is always a concern for relievers.

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic