Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread

Chicago White Sox

43 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

I was on a cruise a few years back and a college-aged kid near the pool made the really poor life decision to try and shotgun one of those giant 25oz cans of Fosters.

He made a big deal about it, got the crowd pumped, tons of people cheering or jeering him. I'll give him a bit of credit - he gave it a real shot. Probably made it about 2/3 of the way through, though perhaps that was just momentum carrying him over the edge of the cliff a la Wile E. Coyote. 

Regardless, suddenly he throws down the can and sprints across half the deck for the bathroom. If you have ever been on a cruise, you will know that doors (especially external doors) are often actually bulkheads - they have a 3-6 inch metal lip around the entire thing. Well, he apparently forgot or didn't notice this (he did have some pressing concerns that may have been distracting him), because he slams his foot on the bulkhead as he is sprinting into the bathroom. He does a gorgeous faceplant at full speed into the tile, then proceeds to vomit up about 17 oz of mostly undigested fosters (as well as who knows how many oz of other drinks) all over himself and the bathroom. He lost his lunch, his dignity, and, most importantly, his open bar wristband. The rest of the trip, he would get bronx cheers anytime he emerged on to the pool deck.

This isn't really relevant to anything tbh, but I will never be able to see a giant Foster's can without remembering this modern day Icarus. 

That is completely awesome.  

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

Other teams showing interest?

count sox out!

So we couldn't sign Joc because of money needed for Hendriks. What if we don't get Hendriks? 

Better circle back to Joc and no IDGAF that they already signed Eaton. Thats the FOs problem, not mine. Push him to LF and Eloy to DH. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Aaah yes, the great Adam Eaton bidding war of 2020.  No one thought the Sox would come out victorious, but a least minute bid of $7M blew the competition out of the water and brought our beloved Spanky back home where he belongs.

I had this exact message typed out, glad I didn't post it and start a soxtalk conspiracy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

This is what Lozano does. He is known for dragging this stuff out and involving other teams to milk every penny out of it. 

Isn't that his job? Unless the client has a specific set of criteria he wants met, it's his job to get the best deal.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is what Lozano does. He is known for dragging this stuff out and involving other teams to milk every penny out of it. 

FO should put out a Nightengale story saying we are "close" to bringing back Colome. 

Were not waiting till March again with Lozano. 

Just now, ptatc said:

Isn't that his job? Unless the client has a specific set of criteria he wants met, it's his job to get the best deal.

Dan is a different breed of evil and shitty, even in industry filled with scum 

https://deadspin.com/dan-lozano-albert-pujolss-superagent-king-of-sleaze-5861982

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yes it’s his job but he has a reputation for dragging things out a long time. We’re not waiting until Spring when we could just sign Colome or any of the other closers that are on the market.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Most Vitriolic Poster?

Nothing sucks more than someone making a decently clever response, and all my brain returns is "I got nothing, you're on your own."

It's how I imagine Adam Eaton freezes up when his kid asks him why he named him Maverick instead of Goose.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Aaah yes, the great Adam Eaton bidding war of 2020.  No one thought the Sox would come out victorious, but a least minute bid of $7M blew the competition out of the water and brought our beloved Spanky back home where he belongs.

Now we know someone in the front office is leaking this to the Beef. Only the Sox would consider this a brag. It's that or this account has a fantastic sense of humor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Sox won’t wait past next week if closer is that important to them.

I hope so. If Hendriks truly has an interest in the White Sox, as we do him, then make him an offer and say this is it. If he doesn't want it then turn to one of the other closers available and focus on them. The Sox have an opportunity to be real good in 2021 and who wants to be a part of that? Get it done!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Relying on deadspin for opinions is a dangerous slope.

1. That article was back when Deadspin did investigative work; this is not the new deadspin and there's nothing in that story that has been discredited.

2. You can search out other avenues of reporting on Dan; he is the bottom of the barrel in that industry which is like the floor in the bathroom from the Fosters story.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

1. That article was back when Deadspin did investigative work; this is not the new deadspin and there's nothing in that story that has been discredited.

2. You can search out other avenues of reporting on Dan; he is the bottom of the barrel in that industry which is like the floor in the bathroom from the Fosters story.

I miss the old Deadspin. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shakes said:

Now we know someone in the front office is leaking this to the Beef. Only the Sox would consider this a brag. It's that or this account has a fantastic sense of humor.

Maybe the front office caught wind of this beef guy and is intentionally leaking to him because I noticed a shift where he seems to be 100% complimentary of them now where as in earlier days he was very critical

• knightni changed the title to Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
  • Quin pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked and unpinned this topic