Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why? His obp is like 315 and his avg is like 235 hitting 2nd. He had a nice start and had some hits to drive in runs. He's also been trash as a whole now 

Don't look at Jose's stats

Why? His obp is like 315 and his avg is like 235 hitting 2nd. He had a nice start and had some hits to drive in runs. He's also been trash as a whole now 

"Now"

He's been one of our best hitters so far. Everyone has a bad game or stretch. If that makes him trash then I guess it's consistent with Soxtalk logic, which basically means every hitter is trash. 

Can’t see Tony doing it though. Eaton is a proven veteran according to him.  Same reason Grandal won’t bat 8th.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Don't look at Jose's stats

I'm OK with the MVP starting a little slow in April - kind of expected it. Still had some big hits so I'll take it.

Eaton starting like this is just the continuation of a trend from last year and the time before. It's not great. Fine if he wants to hit 8th, but hitting 2nd it's a problem.

20 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

😂

Was it obvious last year when he was the best or second best catcher in baseball? 

Guy is banged up and suffering from some bad luck too. It happens 

Best based on what? Don’t tell me fangraphs...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm OK with the MVP starting a little slow in April - kind of expected it. Still had some big hits so I'll take it.

Eaton starting like this is just the continuation of a trend from last year and the time before. It's not great. Fine if he wants to hit 8th, but hitting 2nd it's a problem.

I will agree that him hitting 2nd isn't necessarily ideal, at least at this point.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RagahRagah said:

"Now"

He's been one of our best hitters so far. Everyone has a bad game or stretch. If that makes him trash then I guess it's consistent with Soxtalk logic, which basically means every hitter is trash. 

I don't judge hitters based on getting lucky and getting hits to drive in runs. Sequencing of your hits is lucky for 95% of hitters. There are some who clearly excel there, eaton's career shows he isn't one of those guys.

Eaton wRC+ is 112. On the Sox that's 7th best; no where near one of the "best."

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't judge hitters based on getting lucky and getting hits to drive in runs. Sequencing of your hits is lucky for 95% of hitters. There are some who clearly excel there, eaton's career shows he isn't one of those guys.

Eaton wRC+ is 112. On the Sox that's 7th best; no where near one of the "best."

And yet it's still decent. 

• Thanks 1

When is the last time Grandal got a hit? I honestly don't remember.

Edit: I was typing this as he got the hit too lmao

Edited by chw42
  • Fire 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic