Indians @ Sox, 4/30

Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Has him completely befuddled, but he does that to a lot of hitters.  Just too bad couldn’t get pitch count up another 5-10.

once he took first pitch fastball he was in trouble. thought he was gonna work himself deeper into the count though. he had a nice second ab approach.

haven't been as confident in a hitter in a long time than I am in vaughn. kid is just different.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

for some reason they just have trouble seeing fast ball vs breaking stuff... its strange because he doesn't throw that hard...

When you have high spin rate like Bieber does on his breaking pitches, it's hard to tell the difference.

OK outing from Keuchel. You gotta know, going against Bieber, that runs are a premium. 4 walks just can't happen. We've had a decent game against Bieber so far, and its 3 innings against the bullpen, coming up.

Just now, Capn12 said:

OK outing from Keuchel. You gotta know, going against Bieber, that runs are a premium. 4 walks just can't happen. We've had a decent game against Bieber so far, and its 3 innings against the bullpen, coming up.

Walking Cleveland hitters is just asking them to score on us. Outside of 2 or 3 guys, this lineup can't hit. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

When you have high spin rate like Bieber does on his breaking pitches, it's hard to tell the difference.

Yup, this is spot on. Release from same slot and have huge spin rates and you can't identify the seams so you're basically just playing guess hitter all night. Guess wrong and you're screwed.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Whenever Aaron Bummer throws that slider his sinker is never, ever, ever, close to the zone right afterwards. I have said this ad naseum. I have no idea why he throws it it so much.

He should just go back to being more sinker/cutter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Whenever Aaron Bummer throws that slider his sinker is never, ever, ever, close to the zone right afterwards. I have said this ad naseum. I have no idea why he throws it it so much.

Honestly, he is super effective when just using his sinker and the cutter. Wouldn't mind him sticking with those

Bumm throws a bb after the slider there to shut me up. Love it. 8 grounders in a row for AB. Get that power sinker working! Guy should throw that all the time. When he's commanding it it's just devastating. Grounder after grounder.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Shaw is not good at all. Due to get wrecked in an inning.

He sucked last year, he's much better this year. Go look at his Baseball Savant page. It's all red.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic