5/9 Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals 1:10 PM CDT

8 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I always like the expression “If you hate something too much you become it”

It’s like he hates people who “whine and complain” so much that’s all he does now. 

Antidisestablishmentarianism...you’re left with the status quo, lol.  It’s the default fallback position.

Lucas is getting to 2 strikes, trying to get guys to swing at his off-speed stuff, then giving up hard contact when he has to throw his fastball in the zone. Not a recipe for success.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Lucas is getting to 2 strikes, trying to get guys to swing at his off-speed stuff, then giving up hard contact when he has to throw his fastball in the zone. Not a recipe for success.

At least his velocity is up a little bit this inning. But yeah this has not been a great performance. If he only gives up 1 run through 4, that would feel quite lucky given how he’s pitched 

Just now, chw42 said:

You gotta think these guys are just sitting change up right now cause they don't respect Lucas' fastball.

That’s what I’m thinking too.  They can foul off FBs and hit the Change hard. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

At least his velocity is up a little bit this inning. But yeah this has not been a great performance. If he only gives up 1 run through 4, that would feel quite lucky given how he’s pitched 

KC's xBA is .321 and there's been a lot of hard contact. This is probably his luckiest outing of the season.

Just now, OmarComing25 said:

I’ve been in the “Giolito is fine” camp, but this start has finally shaken me. Hopefully it’s just a rough patch.

The consistent hard contact, poor command, and lack of whiffs is alarming. Even during bad starts the last 2 years this stuff didn't happen.

Just now, OmarComing25 said:

I’ve been in the “Giolito is fine” camp, but this start has finally shaken me. Hopefully it’s just a rough patch.

Starting to wonder if scouting is catching up to Giolito’s FB/CH combo and how much he’s gonna have to adjust/switch it up with how much he sees the same teams.