5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Heuer has lowered his xFIP by almost a full run compared to last year. He has a ridiculous BABIP against him. He is the pitching version of Grandal in terms of rotten batted ball luck

He's getting hit hard. Just cause he doesn't give up a bunch of fly balls and has a decent K/BB doesn't mean he's better this year. His EV and hard hit % are all up this year. Maybe he's not a 5 ERA guy, but he's definitely not the 2 ERA pitcher he was last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Heuer has lowered his xFIP by almost a full run compared to last year. He has a ridiculous BABIP against him. He is the pitching version of Grandal in terms of rotten batted ball luck

Stuff doesn’t seem nearly as good though as last year.  Specifically his slider, IMO

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stuff doesn’t seem nearly as good though as last year.  Specifically his slider, IMO

His change up got better, but his slider and sinker are both pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes I’m quoting myself, but fangraphs pitch value makes it seem like Heuer is getting destroyed on his sinker this year 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'd rather see Ruiz here than Marshall tbh. Marshall had issues throwing strikes in situations like this before.

Normally I agree, but Marshall has been dotting the corners this inning, West missed one I think as well.