6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1

knightni

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah he just isn’t a big enough threat against RHP to really warrant so many at bats. I was always lower on him than most, as I never saw the power potential most saw.  Sox really need to get another batter that can hit RHP. 

You mean a guy who is near the top in all of baseball with exit velocity, you don’t see the power?

Yea he is scuffling, but the power is clearly there.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick_Schwam said:

You mean a guy who is near the top in all of baseball with exit velocity, you don’t see the power?

Yea he is scuffling, but the power is clearly there.

He will hit a ton of doubles, but I’ve consistently said he will be a 25 HR per season guy.  I think the deadened ball will hurt him more than most.

Just now, fathom said:

He will hit a ton of doubles, but I’ve consistently said he will be a 25 HR per season guy.  I think the deadened ball will hurt him more than most.

With the power in the lineup (when healthy) 25-30 homers and 30-35 doubles is more than enough production from him.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

That’s fine. I’m not worried about them one bit.

Bieber hasn’t been the unhittable Bieber of the past and Civale is the only other starter they have.

The front office will not make any moves unless it’s unloading.

Their lineup does nothing for me. Jose is a stud, after that. Meh. Rosario? Hernandez? Not gonna get it done.

I think your front office point is great, but I struggle with getting on board with the rest of it. Of course they’re a meh team on paper, but that doesn’t mean anything. They SHOULD be a .500 team at best, but baseball is weird. Plus I don’t think it’s out of the question for Bieber to return to being dominant. Just like most of us were confident Gio would get out of his rough stretch instead of saying this is who he is now.