GT 7/7: SOX @ MIN, 12:10

Say whatever you want about framing but seeing those 1st 2 pitches against Larnach where both could have been called strikes is ridiculous. That HR is on the terrible umpiring.  I've seen Pineda get calls on both sides of the plate that were easily balls, maybe 3 against Abreu alone in his 2 AB's.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

It is becoming sadly obvious that Lynn and Giolito are no longer strike out pitchers who need to figure out how to be two pitch pitchers. 

Glad it happened now, Sox need to seriously think about bringing Rodon back as Giolito will no longer command the deal he was in line to get.  Roll the dice with Gio thru his arb years as they'll likely be much cheaper now and see if he can adjust to no longer cheating.   By then we'll know what Cease's true ceiling is and if he's the better long term investment than Gio.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s funny but his command was pretty bad in ST.  Wonder if he wasn’t using then.

All season I have found him to be a little tough to watch as he is comfortable pitching from behind in the count and I am never comfortable watching a pitcher behind in the count.