Dodgers Close to Landing Scherzer & Turner

Tony

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sorry caufield. I know as a die hard padres fam this one stings. 

You’re really going to root for the Dodgers?

LOL.

It’s like cheering for the Yankees.

They’re the real Evil Empire of baseball.

Pretty soon, there will only be 6-8 teams capable of competing every season.

If I am a fan in Colorado, Arizona or basically any small or mid tier market, there’s not a prayer from Day 1 of Spring Training.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

If I see another person say any given playoff team can’t compete with another I’m gonna lose it I tell ya

This is true to a degree. There is also a reason the Twins, Indians, Tigers, Royals, and White Sox haven't sustained a period of success in forever. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, depending on how Bauer is adjudicated, they will be freeing up payroll…they already added Duffy and Scherzer, to go along with Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Gonsolin, May (back next year), etc.

NBA Superteam Stuff.

Only weakness now is Jansen at the backend.  Probably add Kimbrel or Iglesias as insurance.  

Then add Verlander as well in the offseason.

The entire AL can’t compete with the NL West at the moment.

Not unless Sale comes back at 100%.

I'd still take the Brewers in a playoff series.

Peralta, Burnes, and Woodruff can beat anyone, especially with Hader closing

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is true to a degree. There is also a reason the Twins, Indians, Tigers, Royals, and White Sox haven't sustained a period of success in forever. 

Huh?

Up until this year the Twins have been a great example of sustained success. They just choke in the playoffs. Rays and A's say hi too

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

If I see another person say any given playoff team can’t compete with another I’m gonna lose it I tell ya

See how many times the A’s and Twins win in the post season.

The Indians in 2016 and Rays, Brewers…they’re pretty much the only exceptions to the rule over a decade of playoff baseball.  I guess you can include the Royals.  Not something you COUNT on.  Remember, the 2005 White Sox ran out just a $65 million tram after getting rid of Ordonez, Lee and Valentin.

But that was WELL before the Dodgers started spending $250+ million per season.  And they had another World Series taken away by massive cheating by the Astros.

The worst part is they’re raking in broadcast dollars while excluding a huge part of that market from even watching them.

Eventually, that will kill the sport unless they rebalance things yet again.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, depending on how Bauer is adjudicated, they will be freeing up payroll…they already added Duffy and Scherzer, to go along with Kershaw, Buehler, Urias, Gonsolin, May (back next year), etc.

NBA Superteam Stuff.

Only weakness now is Jansen at the backend.  Probably add Kimbrel or Iglesias as insurance.  

Then add Verlander as well in the offseason.

The entire AL can’t compete with the NL West at the moment.

Not unless Sale comes back at 100%.

Super teams are nonsense in baseball. 7 game series anyone can win. This isn't the nba 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

I'd still take the Brewers in a playoff series.

Peralta, Burnes, and Woodruff can beat anyone, especially with Hader closing

Except they need to trade Hader before he breaks down from overuse or gets too expensive.

Always about timing with that team…unfortunately, Yelich losing his MVP form makes it a steep hill to climb offensively.

1 minute ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Huh?

Up until this year the Twins have been a great example of sustained success. They just choke in the playoffs. Rays and A's say hi too

Just choke in the playoffs for 20 years is not my idea of sustained success. The Rays and A's are both cheap asses and would probably have titles if they weren't cheap asses. 

Just choke in the playoffs for 20 years is not my idea of sustained success. The Rays and A's are both cheap asses and would probably have titles if they weren't cheap asses. 

Playoffs are like 85% luck man

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Super teams are nonsense in baseball. 7 game series anyone can win. This isn't the nba 

I don't know about this. If we play the Dodgers in the WS what advantage do we have over them if they get Max and Trea? Do you see us hitting DeGrom, Walker, and Stroman well? Would we even hit Milwaukee's pitching? Next year if a different animal but this season it's hard to envision that with the amount of rust and young guys we have finding their way. 

Nothing would hurt you more than the Sox winning the WS this year. Hope it happens! The meltdowns from the haters alone will be worth it. 

How am I a hater? I'm one of the most optimistic in season fans here. Why would I be mad if the Sox won the WS? Are you Eric Sogards family member? 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't know about this. If we play the Dodgers in the WS what advantage do we have over them if they get Max and Trea? Do you see us hitting DeGrom, Walker, and Stroman well? Would we even hit Milwaukee's pitching? Next year if a different animal but this season it's hard to envision that with the amount of rust and young guys we have finding their way. 

Yes, I think we could dominate anyone in a 7 game series. They could also dominate us.

• Like 1

I’d prefer the brewer knock them out, but it’s far from impossible. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, I think we could dominate anyone in a 7 game series. They could also dominate us.

Friendly reminder that the 2017 White Sox won 6 straight games against the eventual champion

who cares about your idea though?

Most of the teams in baseball and fan bases. Who really cares about what the Twins have accomplished in the last 20 years around the MLB? They Bomba squad was fun to watch hit and the Piranhas were a pain, but no one talks about or cares about either of those teams. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

lol. As I said, complete meltdown from the Soxtalk hater crew if we win. 

• Thanks 1

It sucks seeing the stars align of turner coming available but following a team that never seems to have the bullets. It may not matter.

A lot of stuff on the Cubs failure about the Eloy trade, etc. But they stopped drafting well without top 5 picks, and their intl stopped. 

It never stops with the Dodgers and rays and Yankees (intl, their drafting is garbage) and Sox.

Mike Shirleys job is immensely important. Paddy’s job is immensely important. I hope they don’t fuck this up.

it’s why I hate when people talk about how colson montgomery and other prep players are years away from impact. They might be, but their value could impact Sox a lot sooner.

• Like 1