8/5 White Sox vs Royals 7:10 pm

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That contract looks scary for him in a few years. He is not aging well at all.

Lol hes not even old. But yeah who knows what the fuck is going on with that guy. He could be an MVP candidate but he is kinda meh at the plate for whatever reason.

Edited by South Sider

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Leury hitting in the 9th, 1 run game. Amazing.

Leury will never go away. He plays every day......we will not win shit in playoffs with leury as a regular everyday player. I dont give a fuck about the injuries.....there has to be someone better then Leury that we run out there everyday. This is ridiculous 

Just now, South Sider said:

Seems like the Sox have had a disproportionate amount of hang whiffems recently.

Yoan's hit in the 6th was absolutely tragic. He's smoked the ball twice off Staumont recently. Both went right to the first baseman. 

26 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I hope what Hahn said about he and Kenny agreeing Kimbrel was the top trade target available was just lip service. I can't imagine how convoluted the logic has to be for any reliever to have been a bigger upgrade for this team than Gallo or Bryant would have been.

Our number one priority should have been a slugger likeBryant or Gallo.   Guess Hahn was counting on Eloy and Robert coming back strong.  But our lack of homers and awful outfield defense is hurting us now.  What is the value of Kimbrelif we cant score enough runs to protect.

19 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Someone finally waited back on the slider! There we go Eloy!!

Hope this will help tracking him back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yoan's hit in the 6th was absolutely tragic. He's smoked the ball twice off Staumont recently. Both went right to the first baseman. 

His hard hit rates in July & August are both elite. I think from the left side he's hitting into tough luck, from the right side I don't know what's going on. He can't generate any bat speed hitting right handed right now.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Then you saw the only ones. Tons of awful contact all game.

I'm being completely subjective, but not just this game. It seems like most well hit balls lately are right at someone or close enough for them to make a play. Still a lot of bad contact mixed in though.

At least they have about 2 months to get it together! Whew.

I feel like this game turned on Engel and Abreu being way too aggressive at the plate. Engel could have had a bases loaded walk in the 4th and swung at a low sinker on 3-1 instead. Keep in mind Lynch had just walked a guy and hit another right before this. Abreu wasted a 2-0 count in the 8th and swung at 2 junk pitches to strike out right before Eloy's double. It feels like guys are just pressing. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Our number one priority should have been a slugger likeBryant or Gallo.   Guess Hahn was counting on Eloy and Robert coming back strong.  But our lack of homers and awful outfield defense is hurting us now.  What is the value of Kimbrelif we cant score enough runs to protect.

Hope this will help tracking him back.

But that includes playing LF.  Otherwise we still have a hole in the outfield.  Eloy is still a question playing defensively so Hahn should have added an MLB starting outfielder. We have plenty of  4th outfielders.  

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I'm not seeing a World Series in the cards for us this year if this offense continues to sleep walk. Especially if we have to play on the road. 

I know our chances of winning the division is like 99%, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it when you watch this team play. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I feel like this game turned on Engel and Abreu being way too aggressive at the plate. Engel could have had a bases loaded walk in the 4th and swung at a low sinker on 3-1 instead. Keep in mind Lynch had just walked a guy and hit another right before this. Abreu wasted a 2-0 count in the 8th and swung at 2 junk pitches to strike out right before Eloy's double. It feels like guys are just pressing. 

I think we’re missing Grandal and his walks. I agree, it seems like they are forcing things. 

Edited by maloney.adam

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

They do?  Seems like hard hit balls have been rare.  It’s happened a few times last couple of games but nothing crazy.

Engel Moncada TA have all lost power. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I know our chances of winning the division is like 99%, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it when you watch this team play. 

That's because we are an above average team overall playing in a terrible division. The Twins felt like giants the last two years and got swept out of the playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

Can’t believe Hahn felt this offense was good status quo. You’ve got Hamilton and Goodwin who didn’t make a team out of ST getting regular at bats, Leury Garcia who is a fine utility player but is obviously exposed being overplayed, and Engel who is a 4th outfielder on a good team. I don’t know how you can justify trading Madrigal for Kimbrel when you don’t make any improvement on the offense (sorry but Hernandez doesn’t move the needle). 

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic