8/5 White Sox vs Royals 7:10 pm

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think we’re missing Grandal and his walks. I agree, it seems like they are forcing things. 

I read today the Sox average nearly a full run per game more when Yas is in the lineup than when he's not. Something like 5.2 with & 4.3 without. The Sox need him back & healthy desperately.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I read today the Sox average nearly a full run per game more when Yas is in the lineup than when he's not. Something like 5.2 with & 4.3 without. The Sox need him back & healthy desperately.

At least his absence has Sox fans realizing just how valuable he is. 

Don't believe in framing? Collins has you believing in it now!

Don't think his walks have value? We score a run less when he's out of the lineup. 

Part of that might be our replacements being below replacement level quality though. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I hope what Hahn said about he and Kenny agreeing Kimbrel was the top trade target available was just lip service. I can't imagine how convoluted the logic has to be for any reliever to have been a bigger upgrade for this team than Gallo or Bryant would have been.

So far Gallo has sucked with the Yankees but Rizzo has more than made up for it and Bryant not much better with the Giants. However Marte, and Gomes with The A's have been damn good. Baez 2 HR's in 5 games with Mets. Escobar doing well 2 HR's 1.000+ OPS in 6 games with Brewers, Frazier sucking with Padres. SSS of course. Cruz surprisingly not doing well with TB in 10 games.

Hernandez has been fine but just like the rest of the Sox so far he's a singles and walk guy.

SS - TA

C - Grandal

1B - Abreu

LF - Eloy

RF - Vaughn

3B - Moncada

CF - Robert

DH - Sheets / Goodwin

2B - Hernandez

I think that’s what they’re hoping for and are banking on the offense getting back on track.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

SS - TA

C - Grandal

1B - Abreu

LF - Eloy

RF - Vaughn

3B - Moncada

CF - Robert

DH - Sheets / Goodwin

2B - Hernandez

I think that’s what they’re hoping for and are banking on the offense getting back on track.

Moncada should hit second, not Grandal.

32 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I know our chances of winning the division is like 99%, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it when you watch this team play. 

The Sox record of late has been quite pedestrian.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I feel like this game turned on Engel and Abreu being way too aggressive at the plate. Engel could have had a bases loaded walk in the 4th and swung at a low sinker on 3-1 instead. Keep in mind Lynch had just walked a guy and hit another right before this. Abreu wasted a 2-0 count in the 8th and swung at 2 junk pitches to strike out right before Eloy's double. It feels like guys are just pressing. 

Engel not taking the walk with the bases loaded and then striking out really hurt.  I would have give him the take sign on 3-1 to possibly tie the game and keep the bases loaded.  Seby bunting with two strikes and failing was also a rally killer.

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

If I'm the Royals I'd rather bring in a lefty to pitch to Moncada-Engel-Garcia than leave in the righty to face Moncada-Goodwin-Sheets

It is what they did and took 2 potential home run hitters, Goodwin and Sheets off the table and left us with Leury.

Jose is still having a good year. Hell he's got a zillion RBIs and 20 homers so I shouldn't be so picky. Maybe it's just the games I watch but the games I've watched he hasn't seemed to be raking as he did last year when I watched.

It's almost like a jinx. When I watch, he's not typical Jose. See the ball mash the ball. You said he's too aggressive tonight. I think Sox hitters are too passive. They take a ton of pitches.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Chances they let Sheets or Goodwin bat for Leury?

Never happen.  TLR is maniatic about lefty-righty matchups.  That is whyKC brought the lefty reliever in a one run game.  Took potential home run tying hitters, Sheets, Collins and Goodwin off the table and left us with Leury instead.

Did anyone ask Tony if it was his asinine call to have Seby but there, and bunt with two strikes, or was the lapdog media besides James Fegan too busy kissing Tony's ass as is their MO this entire season?

Did anyone ask Tony will he ever use one of his best four relievers in a close game, like the 7th, or does he just save them for stats such as holds and saves? The Sox were fortunate to escape that inning with just one run.

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Did anyone ask Tony if it was his asinine call to have Seby but there, and bunt with two strikes, or was the lapdog media besides James Fegan too busy kissing Tony's ass as is their MO this entire season?

Did anyone ask Tony will he ever use one of his best four relievers in a close game, like the 7th, or does he just save them for stats such as holds and saves? The Sox were fortunate to escape that inning with just one run.

I thought the same thing during the 8th.  Why is Lopez, who couldn't get anyone out in AAA, pitching with two rested stud relievers left in the bullpen.  Lopez gives up what turned out to be the winning run.

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So far Gallo has sucked with the Yankees but Rizzo has more than made up for it and Bryant not much better with the Giants. However Marte, and Gomes with The A's have been damn good. Baez 2 HR's in 5 games with Mets. Escobar doing well 2 HR's 1.000+ OPS in 6 games with Brewers, Frazier sucking with Padres. SSS of course. Cruz surprisingly not doing well with TB in 10 games.

Hernandez has been fine but just like the rest of the Sox so far he's a singles and walk guy.

The part you are missing is that Kimbrel was the top target because he was the best bullpen arm available addressing the Sox primary weakness. You only listed position players.

10 hours ago, chw42 said:

At least his absence has Sox fans realizing just how valuable he is. 

Don't believe in framing? Collins has you believing in it now!

Don't think his walks have value? We score a run less when he's out of the lineup. 

Part of that might be our replacements being below replacement level quality though. 

Said it many times before, and I’ll say it many times again. Yaz is the glue of this team. He’s the perfect fit. He counteracts a lot of what this team does poorly. Is he a perfect player? No but he’s really damn good and the squad misses him dearly. Doesn’t help that Collins flopped with his chance at extended play and Zeby is at best a well below replacement level player. 

Edited by ChiSox59

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic