8/14 Sox vs Yankees - 6:10 CT first pitch

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Stop acting like he’s some average closer, he was legit the best reliever in baseball when we acquired him and he has a HoF track record.  No one gives a shit that he had a bad 1 1/2 year stretch, he’d get paid based on his projected future value.  It’s very apparent you didn’t like the trade from a conceptual standpoint and are using any bad appearance by him to try to prove your point.  You are better than this Ray.  The dude would have gotten paid a lot more than 1/$16M this offseason if he were a free agent and it’s not even a debate.

Pal you're talking about 36 freaking innings. Matt Albers has had a dominant 36 innings. Kimbrel was the best reliever in the world until 2017, and since then he's been just another really good reliever who now walks too many and is streaky. It doesn't mean he's bad by any means, and he had a great start to this year but the three years prior still count. He's not a bum but he's not consistently the guy he was for 36 innings this year anymore. 

The hilarious thing about these threads is the only one who has the proper expectations for kimbrel in these threads is me, the guy who others are trying to educate about how good he is lol.

My entire point about why the trade was dumb was relievers are volatile as hell and at the mercy of small sample swings. Now I'm being told it's fine that kimbrel has blown 2 games in 9 days lol because that just happens to relievers

Uh, no shit. I said that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1