8/31 game thread Sox vs Pirates 7:10 first pitch

southsider2k5

I think many like myself who bitched about Grandal early in the season are finally pleased to see that pop come out of that bat.   And he was doing this just before the inury.

Walks are fine, but this added punch in the middle of the order is what we all wanted to see for $18+ million per season. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

maybe there's a reason yasmani got paid

He had an amazing season with the Brewers right before we signed him. He's finally getting back to that level of production after not having video during the game last year and all the knee issues early in the year. 

Just now, chw42 said:

He had an amazing season with the Brewers right before we signed him. He's finally getting back to that level of production after not having video during the game last year and all the knee issues early in the year. 

I know everyone here loves talking about Yas and WAR, but he was tied for 1st amongst fWAR in catchers last year and would have lead if he didn't share so much time with McCann. This year the batting average was ugly but the production overall was still very, very good. What we're seeing from Yas isn't him getting back to previous levels of production, rather he's having the best hitting season of his career right now. If his plate discipline improvements are legit, then this is the best he's ever been as a player.