MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Trade for pitching, trade for Segura, sign a RF and a backup catcher 

Are we pivoting to a bottom of the rotation guy, because TOR starters don't just grow on trees in the trade market. And Segura doesn't help the Sox power outage against RH pitchers.

I mean, ok they can do these things. Coupled with the likely loss of Carlos Rodon, I would say the team will of taken a step back in 2022 compared to the 2021 team. I think some of us thought this was the off-season where the Sox would go for the throat.

• Like 1

Just now, Sarava said:

Are we pivoting to a bottom of the rotation guy, because TOR starters don't just grow on trees in the trade market. And Segura doesn't help the Sox power outage against RH pitchers.

I mean, ok they can do these things. Coupled with the likely loss of Carlos Rodon, I would say the team will of taken a step back in 2022 compared to the 2021 team. I think some of us thought this was the off-season where the Sox would go for the throat.

I never said I like this plan.  Would rather have Adam Frazier than Segura.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just kind of funny everyone wants a major move and then given the Sox history, it’s likely that player underperforms and we all despise him. Conforto is definitely someone that many would easily hate.

Whoa there. The Sox don't have a history of major free agent splashes. Well there's Albert Belle - who absolutely performed to his contract. Carlton Fisk too. Man we have to reach too damn far back. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who said it was his fault? 

Who knew this would be the off-season where bmags stans for not spending money and not acquiring good players. Exciting stuff!

I want certain things I’m just not belligerent about them. I also clearly believe more than most in some of the pieces on this team.