The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

58 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Players are going to have to accept way less than $100M on the bonus.  $40M seems reasonable.  Maybe have it increase 5% a year.  $100M is way too much all at once.  

I do think the PAs (current) requests on the CBT and min salary are pretty reasonable.  But insisting on $100M on the bonus pool is going to kill this deal getting done today. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Judging by who was leading the optimism reporting last night, I believe he could well be right.

But you didn’t hear any players denying the reports this morning like we have been all along.  I think you’re likely right though....and this sucks

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

$225/$227.5/$230/$232.5/$235 seems reasonable enough.  Both sides should be able to make that part happen.  Its a joke if not.  Its rather immaterial difference in the beginning.  

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

$225/$227.5M/$230/$232.5/$235 seems reasonable enough.  Both sides should be able to make that part happen.  Its a joke if not.  Its rather immaterial.  

Ownership isn't negotiating in good faith, if it's not fairly obvious by now. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Bob was right out in front.  And we ate it up.

Good to know that Jerry is willing to derail his own team's championship window for the second time in his ownership tenure so they can break the MLBPA. Priorities. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Tnetennba said:

These numbers just aren't that far apart.  There is a way here, but I have zero faith in the owners to act in good faith.

I have yet to see anything since negotiations got serious from the MLBPA that hasn't been completely reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We know from the '94 reporting that he's a hardliner in these negotiations. What makes you think it's any different this time? 

We don't know if he has Manfred's ear, or how involved he is this time around.  1994 was also a long time ago.

• Like 1