2022 AL Central catch all thread

Balta1701

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So the Twins and Guardians have both gotten screwed by the blocking the plate rule. When's it gonna happen to us? 

Haha.  I do remember one from way back in the day after the Posey rule was imposed.  Pretty sure Tyler Flowers and especially Hawk Harrelson went absolutely ballistic that time.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Haha.  I do remember one from way back in the day after the rules was changed.  Pretty sure Tyler Flowers and Harrelson went absolutely ballistic.

That was when the rule first got put in and they were calling catchers for blocking the plate when the base runner was half way down the line. Which made absolutely zero sense. 

Will be shocked if the Guardians don’t win the division after a rally like that.  Started with a wild pitch/passed ball on what should have been the third out of the inning and at least a 4-2 Tigers’ lead to the 9th.   Every single ball that inning…I think it was five or six hits with two outs, was a total fluke.  I guess Oscar Gonzalez’ was sort of well hit because he yanked it off the wall (uncatchable by Baddoo) but he was way off balance in the box.

Then you have Mahle likely out for the Twins now.

https://www.mlb.com/guardians/video/guardians-6-run-rally-in-the-8th

The next Michael Brantley?

Keith Law had the Guardians system as 8th or 9th entering the season and they picked a kid in the middle of the first round who is only their 7th best prospect now.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/guardians/

They have used 15 rookies this season but only four guys in their Top 15 so far…Nolan Jones, Tyler Freeman, Arias and Xzavion Curry just had his first start this week. #9 Logan Allen is gone, fwiw.

Five best prospects yet to debut, including Josh Naylor’s brother at catcher, Bo.

https://www.mlb.com/news/guardians-2022-draft-signings-tracker

Campbell and Messick look like quintessential Indians’ pitching prospects of yore.

Bottom line, they have McKenzie, Quantrill, Clase and Karinchak, with Shane Bieber for at least two more seasons.

Amed Rosario is the only major free agent after NEXT season, but the strength of their system is up the middle athletes who could also play in the outfield.