GAMETHREAD 4/14/22: Sox vs Mariners (Lambert vs Gilbert) 1:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Leury is so proud of himself. He’s a millionaire! 

Honestly, isn't that the dream? Make bank, be completely secure in your job, and then be able to mail it in every day? 

Shit, I might go buy a Garcia jersey right now. The People's Utility Player!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Huh. Did Foster find a breaking pitch? Wasn't he nothing but fastball/change previously?

He started throwing the slider more last year when fastball/change wasn't working. He's added a cutter this year. 

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

Honestly, isn't that the dream? Make bank, be completely secure in your job, and then be able to mail it in every day? 

Shit, I might go buy a Garcia jersey right now. The People's Utility Player!

Yes! But do you honestly think he’s worth that much?

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's lost a tick off the fastball, and doesn't quite get it by people the same way up in the zone.

Was he a high spin rate fastball guy before the sticky ban?

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

With all the profits the team makes? Every player deserves even more. Remember the lockout? 

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Was he a high spin rate fastball guy before the sticky ban?

Think it was just his short arm action that had hitters caught off guard a bit. The change has lost similar velocity. I don't get why he's throwing the change so less often now; seems to have lost some faith in it. It's a nasty pitch, though.

He definitely lost some spin with the sticky ban though, but last year we were talking like 20 RPM's which isn't all that meaningful. I still think he has the tools with the right sequencing to be a good reliever. Haven't lost faith.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Ah, what a question! How does one value a person? Kantian Deontology would argue that no value could ever be put on a human, but  more Utilitarian efforts exist. FEMA, for example, estimates a life is worth $7.5 million, but makes no allowance for different people being worth more than any other. And of course, in a purely economic vacuum, even a minor player like Leury Garcia probably contributes more to the 10+ billion dollars that the MLB pulls in than his salary implies. Truly a questions for the ages.

And I'll tell my boss the same thing if he asks how much I'm worth.

• Haha 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic