GAMETHREAD 4/14/22: Sox vs Mariners (Lambert vs Gilbert) 1:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

I’d be thrilled if we’re within 3 or less by whenever Lambert exits the game. That’s workable. Hopefully this is Gios only missed start and we can get back to a more workable solution next turn. 

3 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

I'm getting ready for the disappointment of Mendick at 3B and Burger on the bench.

After the injuries last night it's probably mendick at second and leury in left.

Unless Mcguire catches. 

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

Easy win.

Love this as always....Fisk tagging the 2 Yankees in a row at the plate is one of the craziest plays I've ever seen and it's outstanding that they included it in the montage.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yeah, day game after night game McGuire will catch.

TLR said on Tue that McGuire was catching because Yaz was going to be in there 2 days in a row.  Doesn't mean he didn't change his mind, but he did say it. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I initially read that second sentence as Mendick and Leury, so I took it as Leury was covering the Sox for the Sun-Times and it was like, man, his super-sub role is going WAY too far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

TLR said on Tue that McGuire was catching because Yaz was going to be in there 2 days in a row.  Doesn't mean he didn't change his mind, but he did say it. 

Not surprised.  That's smart and makes sense.

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I know it's a day game after a night game, but I hate TLR's decision to go with Potash over Van Schouwen here......it's short sighted nonsense.  I'm sure he will say it is to keep Daryl fresh for the upcoming series with the Rays.  I don't like it.  Typical LaRussa BS.

• Haha 8
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I know it's a day game after a night game, but I hate TLR's decision to go with Potash over Van Schouwen here......it's short sighted nonsense.  I'm sure he will say it is to keep Daryl fresh for the upcoming series with the Rays.  I don't like it.  Typical LaRussa BS.

Did he even look at the splits?  Ugh.

• Love 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic