GAMETHREAD 4/14/22: Sox vs Mariners (Lambert vs Gilbert) 1:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

51 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Can't seem to shake the rebuild lineup. 

Injuries: Moncada, Pollock, Eloy.  Full day off for Harrison (back issues) ,1/2 day off Abreu. Our depth is better than last year. Our backup catcher is much better defensively. Sheets we get from the start of the year.  Our backup OF ,Engel, is healthier atm. Burger, at this time last year, wasn't even on peoples minds to play in MLB. This is how you manage when there are injuries.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I mean I can understand this one with no off days coming up. Yaz even running the bases as a DH probably wears his legs out. 

Yaz has caught 1 game since Saturday.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yaz has caught 1 game since Saturday.    

I wailed and gnashed my teeth all off-season about getting a #2 catcher to little avail until we got McGuire (that's his name right?) If he can he a batter, he looks like the real deal.

My meatball take for the day is if these guys keep winning, I don't mind TLR mixing things up and keeping guys fresh. As others have already mentioned, from an offensive side, this team is in fact pretty deep and they should take advantage of that by keeping guys active and in the lineup, which should help in the dog days of August. 

Vaughn being a platoon player is dumb as hell but I think he's going to hit well enough that TLR will be forced to make him an everyday guy...but other than that, I don't mind the different lineups every day...to a point. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tony said:

My meatball take for the day is if these guys keep winning, I don't mind TLR mixing things up and keeping guys fresh. As others have already mentioned, from an offensive side, this team is in fact pretty deep and they should take advantage of that by keeping guys active and in the lineup, which should help in the dog days of August. 

Vaughn being a platoon player is dumb as hell but I think he's going to hit well enough that TLR will be forced to make him an everyday guy...but other than that, I don't mind the different lineups every day...to a point. 

He’s in the lineup against a righty today in the 5 hole. 

I think it’s less he’s a platoon bat and more, Tony’s trying to get everyone in the lineup early on which he’s always done. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic