GAMETHREAD 4/14/22: Sox vs Mariners (Lambert vs Gilbert) 1:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

Just now, chw42 said:

Sure, but is the weather also affecting his ability to field routine ground balls? 

don't know how he did last year.  but i think youse guys are being a little rough on him.  he's a proven commodity.  having said that, i don't like his 3 year contract anymore than the rest of you

• Like 1

Just now, priznr said:

don't know how he did last year.  but i think youse guys are being a little rough on him.  he's a proven commodity.  having said that, i don't like his 3 year contract anymore than the rest of you

I am less concerned with the bat when he's not a bonehead in the field.  He's valuable when not overused, but TLR thinks he's an everyday guy and theres nothing we can do with that.

1 minute ago, priznr said:

Leury always has some brain farts here or there on defense, but I don't remember him screwing up this many routine plays in a week. I count 3 now this week. I can excuse him not hitting cause I don't have real high expectations of him at the plate, but a lot of his value is his ability to play ok defense at a bunch of positions. So far, his defense has been abysmal. It just adds to the frustration with him also being hitless at the plate. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Leury always has some brain farts here or there on defense, but I don't remember him screwing up this many routine plays in a week. I count 3 now this week. I can excuse him not hitting cause I don't have real high expectations of him at the plate, but a lot of his value is his ability to play ok defense at a bunch of positions. So far, his defense has been abysmal. It just adds to the frustration with him also being hitless at the plate. 

can't disagree with that.  but i think he's better than we've seen so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Pitch to Kelenic was bad. I will say the ump missed the strike two to Kelenic the pitch before in the zone. May have been a different location and outcome if it was 0-2 compared to a 1-1 count. Oh well…

Yup 0-2 probably means he ain't getting a fastball he can turn on. 

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic