GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, FoxForce2 said:

"I’ll take nine singles and a blast. Three hard hit balls all day. First pitch swings, ground balls, I mean, really all I wanted."
Keuchel

This is a bizarre thing to say. His 'day' consisted of getting through one inning on 48 pitches with 'only' three hard hits. Yes the errors were his bane today but it's not as if he had anything like an acceptable outing.

Terrible lack of accountability by a former Cy Young and World Series winner...thinking more about himself than the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

God Sheets sucks.  7 pitches, no strikes...strike out

I’m not ready to say he sucks but failing to have him be a backup plan instead of THE plan was nuts. Would help if we could actually have our A lineup for a game. Yet to happen. 

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I hope you know there's a 0% chance at that happening

I honestly think if they dont make playoffs or get bounced in first round again...TLR will resign. He only did this because he thought it was an easy championship window. He forgot he actually needs to make decisions to influence that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I honestly think if they dont make playoffs or get bounced in first round again...TLR will resign. He only did this because he thought it was an easy championship window. He forgot he actually needs to make decisions to influence that

I agree, if they really underperform and the season ends sort of similar to what happened to the Bulls this season...TLR walks away. And they won't fire him. Not a chance JR does that, the whole reason they brought him back (IMO) was to "right that wrong" 

Rick....who knows. I've never sensed any sort of urgency from JR to move on from KW and RH, so I would be fairly surprised if that happened. Should it happen? Totally different story. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

I agree, if they really underperform and the season ends sort of similar to what happened to the Bulls this season...TLR walks away. And they won't fire him. Not a chance JR does that, the whole reason they brought him back (IMO) was to "right that wrong" 

Rick....who knows. I've sensed any sort of urgency from JR to move on from KW and RH, so I would be fairly surprised if that happened. Should it happen? Totally different story. 

If TLR quits, I could easily see JR using Hahn as the reason why it didn’t work out.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If TLR quits, I could easily see JR using Hahn as the reason why it didn’t work out.

I don't think they'll have to spin it that way. Given his age, you blame the workload and travel schedule, we're forever grateful for his contributions, blah blah blah. 

And I do think JR is pretty loyal to KW and RH. I don't see that happening.