White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

Yep, and that’s why Conforto (or someone that can hit RHP) would have been a nice fit.  If Robert has a serious injury, this team is screwed.

Really didn’t look serious. At worst we’re dealing with a minor hammy or groin issue. He’s fine. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Really didn’t look serious. At worst we’re dealing with a minor hammy or groin issue. He’s fine. 

The team already isn't hitting. What is our record gonna be when we don't have Robert for 1.5 weeks? 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep, and that’s why Conforto (or someone that can hit RHP) would have been a nice fit.  If Robert has a serious injury, this team is screwed.

Even if this team completely collapses, what they are they going to do?  Fire Tony?  Don't make me laugh.

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

Last I check he's still unsigned, so the rest of the league must be dumb asses too?

The rest of the league isn’t trying to win a World Series with a team that sucks donkey dick against RHP. This should be of not surprise to anyone. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

If it lights a fire under their asses, sure.

Hahaha if this series doesn't do that we're really toast.  I feel like I need a therapy session after the last 48 hours.  How does one make themselves care less about April baseball games?

• Like 2

Just now, chw42 said:

The team already isn't hitting. What is our record gonna be when we don't have Robert for 1.5 weeks? 

Prob not good. We need Luis to be out there. But he’s also been hot garbage for the last 1.5 weeks anyway (not saying I don’t want him or were better without him). 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’d bet money he’s out for at least the weekend 

I could absolutely believe that's a Pollock-like "he'll be out for at least a week so put him on the IL" situation.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

The rest of the league isn’t trying to win a World Series with a team that sucks donkey dick against RHP. This should be of not surprise to anyone. 

The Sox are like an NBA team that wants to contend but can’t because they don’t have someone that can guard a big man, yet they run it back without doing anything about it.  It’s just asinine.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even if this team completely collapses, what they are they going to do?  Fire Tony?  Don't make me laugh.

I could absolutely believe that's the one situation where they remove Hahn as the fall guy to keep TLR.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

He will quit if they don’t make the postseason.  Can almost guarantee it.

The guy is in for a free ride to the playoffs. That's why him constantly sabotaging the team is annoying. 

Just now, fathom said:

The Sox are like an NBA team that wants to contend but can’t because they don’t have someone that can guard a big man, yet they run it back without doing anything about it.  It’s just asinine.

....I think your interpretation of the NBA is out of date?

• Like 1

Just now, A-Train to 35th said:

Conforto is not the answer to this teams woes.

Respectfully disagree. He’s certainly part of the solution. The other part is the teams best players to pull their heads out of their asses. 

Conforto isn’t happening, but not signing him a month ago was fucking stupid.