White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I can't say this enough - the White Sox used the IL the 5th fewest days in MLB last year. They were healthier than average. Now they have a ballclub that is veteran heavy, older than average, which should increase injury risks. 

Many teams  will most likely see a jump in injuries with limited spring training. 

5 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Many teams  will most likely see a jump in injuries with limited spring training. 

I know that. I take 4 important points from that data point.

1. The White Sox were not unusually banged up or snakebit by injuries in 2021. They hit key players - because the Sox are structured with tons of value in a handful of key players.

2. This season’s results will be heavily affected by injuries for everyone, and management needed to take that into account in the offseason.

3. Compared to last year, this team added veterans and the players they developed are a year older, a couple with recent major injuries or COVID infections. This increases the risk of continued minor injuries.

4. People need to stop saying “when this team is healthy” or “if healthy” like it means anything. Some guys will come back, but other injuries are guaranteed. How well set up the team is to deal with and recover from those injuries is much more important than how good an imaginary healthy team could be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I woke up Friday morning and was surprised to find the White Sox at .500 and in second place. And leading MLB in errors for good measure. But I do like this brand of coffee.

I stayed up and Stone is still a smug game show host.