5/28 - Cubs @ Sox

Heads22

33 minutes ago, fathom said:
30 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Other than TA and Vaughn, this team is filled with nothing but 8 and 9 hitters. Utter embarrassment. And of course, the genius manager leaves Ceuto out there an inning too long. This entire board has him out of the game after 6. What a fool. 

Cueto should not be in this game still.  Not sure how Tony thinks this is a good idea.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think if we're still .500 and within 6 games of the Twins, we'll win the division. 

The Twins have the Yankees and Rays after five against the Tigers in four days  (Mon-Thurs).

They're going to be at least 4-2 or 3-3 and 9 or 11 games over .500 over the next 6 coming into the weekend.

Of course the Sox have the Blue Jays offense and Rays pitching and defense to contend with, too.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep and you’re not getting Eloy back, Yoan has an ouchie and hopefully you get Robert.  They play like they’ve been playing and they’ll lose 8 of 10.

Thing is, and I still believe this.....It just doesn't make sense for them to blow everything up. Not with the way the division is in 2022, the Sox farm system, and the way the current "core" is structured from a contract perspective. They basically have to go down with the ship, or somehow figure it out with the core that is in place. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

David Ross thoroughly out-manging our HOF manager. Let that sink in a bit.  

When has Tony outmatched a counterpart since he returned? One of the worst hires ever. They pretty much had their choice of anyone available for one of the few times ever, and they hire a guy who thinks it's either 1983 or 2008.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony said:

Thing is, and I still believe this.....It just doesn't make sense for them to blow everything up. Not with the way the division is in 2022, the Sox farm system, and the way the current "core" is structured from a contract perspective. They basically have to go down with the ship, or somehow figure it out with the core that is in place. 

is this a threat

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

The Twins have the Yankees and Rays after five against the Tigers in four days  (Mon-Thurs).

They're going to be at least 4-2 or 3-3 and 9 or 11 games over .500 over the next 6 coming into the weekend.

Twins haven’t really been playing that great lately. Their fall back to .500ish is coming, especially as the schedule gets tougher. Of course, none of that matters if the Sox don’t figure their own shit out. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

This game against a team that gave up 20 runs to the Reds their last game, was basically over in the 1st inning. Let that one sink in.

I just don't see how Frank lasts another 10 games. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

When has Tony outmatched a counterpart since he returned? One of the worst hires ever. They pretty much had their choice of anyone available for one of the few times ever, and they hire a guy who thinks it's either 1983 or 2008.

I would venture to say TLR today is the worst manager in MLB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just came back from a walk around the neighborhood and I apologize in advance but I'm going to rant here because my better half doesn't want to hear it....

If you want to fly your Cubbie flags and put up signs that say Cubs Fans Welcome...Sox fans tolerated why don't you go live on the fucking North Side 

No offense to North Side Sox fans of course.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

The more I think about what's happening with the Sox, the more I agree here. 

I hate letting Giolito leave for nothing though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I don't think its his fault,  but you are probably right, they have to do something.  They won't fire themselves or LaRussa.

I think at the very least, it's obvious he doesn't know how to help the hitters that are struggling. That's enough to fire him at this point.

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

AJP is calling out La Russa as much as he can

AJP just criticized TLR for having a different lineup every game.  And that tonight the 8 th and 9 th hitters are 5 for 6 and the top of the lineup zilch.  Bring AJP as manager to shake things up.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1