Sox vs Blue Jays 6:07, Giolito vs Gausman

reiks12

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

really? it's literally all I trust him with.

Even if I did trust him, trading Lucas would be insane. He's checked every box you could ask for to be a guy the Sox pay up to keep. They're never going to sign a Gerrit Cole caliber pitcher. Lucas is the best they're ever going to do.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

People want Lucas traded, Cease is doomed to underperform his peripherals forever, letting Rodon walk was correct because he's been hurt a ton... there's basically no pitcher on earth who's good enough for Soxtalk

simply not allowed

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Even if I did trust him, trading Lucas would be insane. He's checked every box you could ask for to be a guy the Sox pay up to keep. They're never going to sign a Gerrit Cole caliber pitcher. Lucas is the best they're ever going to do.

They aren't going to resign him to you take what you can get imo. You either get the A- type and a couple lotto tickets that he'd garner at the deadline or you just let him walk or allow an injury or lack of performance to affect his value in the offseason.

I'm not going to lie, I'm ready to trade him now. This team is going nowhere fast. This is a bad baseball team. I've seen enough of them to know it when I see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Benetti trying to sell me a bridge with this Kirk has really found his power in the bigs load of shit. 

Jason Benetti, guy who doesn't know a homerun off the bat after watching a few hundred of them over the last three years, but that is a real scout's scout and knows when a guy has changed his true talent.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

they’re never going to sign him, I’d venture they’re $75-$125M apart on valuation for a long term deal, season is doomed, go ahead and get top value for him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Why is it insane? How else are you going to fill the holes this team has at 2B and in the OF and at C. You have to trade quality to get it. And if the Sox are out of the race come the deadline they have to sell. Some contending team will be desperate for a quality starting pitcher and the Sox could get back a lot. He is going to be a FA anyway and JR isn't going to pay him.

• Like 1

Just now, Polar Bear said:

Charlotte is last in AAA I think.  So what happens when we field a team of guys that that should be there...

Sheets

Engel

McGuire

Harrison

Mendick 

(Honestly throw Grandal in there as well lol)

We are missing 

TA

YoYo (could have played)

Eloy 

Robert (could have played)

Pollock (could have played)

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

Don't worry everyone! Still time left for someone to get hurt!

Sox bingo:

injury

starter blowup inning

three up three down

three up three down under 10 pitches

more than one error in an inning

moncada grimace (when playing)

I could go on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They aren't going to resign him to you take what you can get imo. You either get the A- type and a couple lotto tickets that he'd garner at the deadline or you just let him walk or allow an injury or lack of performance to affect his value in the offseason.

I'm not going to lie, I'm ready to trade him now. This team is going nowhere fast. This is a bad baseball team. I've seen enough of them to know it when I see it.

I agree with everything except wait till the deadline when some contender will basically give you everything you ask and more for him. 

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Why is it insane? How else are you going to fill the holes this team has at 2B and in the OF and at C. You have to trade quality to get it. And if the Sox are out of the race come the deadline they have to sell. Some contending team will be desperate for a quality starting pitcher and the Sox could get back a lot. He is going to be a FA anyway and JR isn't going to pay him.

If you're trading Giolito you really don't worry about those holes; if we're trading him, we're tearing it all down

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Crap, just checked the box score.  Was Giolito clearly losing it?  It looks like it went bad fast.

just kept going back to his hanging slider for some inexplicable reason, change up looked filthy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't think it's a given he walks, otherwise I would agree with you. They were willing to pay up for Wheeler so that's proof to me they're willing to break from precedent for the right pitcher. I still think it's possible Lucas ends up signing an extension here for a bit more than what Berrios (7 years 131M) got from Toronto. But I understand I'm in the extreme minority in believing that's a possibility. I think he's a guy the Sox will do everything possible to keep, but I understand why everyone on here is very cynical about that possibility.