White Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 PM: Kopech (1-1 1.29 ERA) vs Ryu (2-0 5.48 ERA)

Kyyle23

Moncada has been bad, but dude hasn’t even started 2 weeks worth of games and the pitchforks are out in full force. He’s not a perfect player but any means, but he’s a good one and one that does a lot of things this team does super poorly when he’s playing well. I am frustrated with him too, but He deserves a lot more patience than 2 weeks worth of games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

It looks that way especially Moncada, I've never been a fan of his and he has taken the place of Claudell Washington as my most despised Sox player in my 70 years as a fan of the team. I will be extremely happy when somehow the Sox dump this piece of garbage on some other team.

I honestly don't know what is going on with Moncada. I also have the feeling LaRussa doesn't, either. This is a complete mess as is the rest of the team. The FO needs to step in and do something. This franchise is losing credibility.

16 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada has been bad, but dude hasn’t even started 2 weeks worth of games and the pitchforks are out in full force. He’s not a perfect player but any means, but he’s a good one and one that does a lot of things this team does super poorly when he’s playing well. I am frustrated with him too, but He deserves a lot more patience than 2 weeks worth of games. 

Part of the problem is the front office hyped this guy to be the savior of the franchise and he hasn't come close to those expectations, after all they traded Chris Sale to get him, maybe they put to much pressure on the guy.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Part of the problem is the front office hyped this guy to be the savior of the franchise and he hasn't come close to those expectations, after all they traded Chris Sale to get him, maybe they put to much pressure on the guy.

He had a lot bigger expectations when he debuted for Boston.  Not nearly the pressure outside NYC BOS Philly.

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

I don’t really think the FO overhyped anything. Yoan was the #1 prospect in the game. Has he lived up that? No. But he’s still a well above average 3B, that again, does a lot of things well that this team is poor at. I am not defending his 2022 play, but it hasn’t been very long and he’s obviously not 100%. A lot more patience is warranted before “dump this piece of trash” takes. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Highland said:

I honestly don't know what is going on with Moncada. I also have the feeling LaRussa doesn't, either. This is a complete mess as is the rest of the team. The FO needs to step in and do something. This franchise is losing credibility.

Well if anyone listened to the Score the last two days, it's out there now that Moncada hasn't started a game since he was caught out at Tao Nightclub til 3 am before a game.  

and if that's the case, man that really sucks all around.  

5 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Unfortunately we have TLR as manager so Eloy will be straight back into LF and shortly after straight back on the IL.

No doubt, with Sheets in RF regularly too.  Thus adding to the wear & tear of our star CF. 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well if anyone listened to the Score the last two days, it's out there now that Moncada hasn't started a game since he was caught out at Tao Nightclub til 3 am before a game.  

and if that's the case, man that really sucks all around.  

Hadn’t heard that one. 

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

No doubt, with Sheets in RF regularly too.  Thus adding to the wear & tear of our star CF. 

I really think if Eloy was taking back LF we’d see Pollock playing RF and Vaughn LF. But when they both play it’s opposite. Seems like TLR has mostly given up on Pollock in RF, which makes me think they’re going to DH Eloy most of the time, where he quite obviously belongs.  

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Shane Riordan reported it yesterday on Parkins and Spiegel, and Mully brought it up again this morning 

The idea being that he’s being punished and that’s why he’s not playing, or just that he’s playing like shit cuz he’s out partying til the wee hours?

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

It looks that way especially Moncada, I've never been a fan of his and he has taken the place of Claudell Washington as my most despised Sox player in my 70 years as a fan of the team. I will be extremely happy when somehow the Sox dump this piece of garbage on some other team.

If Moncada is on your list of most despised Sox players over a 70 year span, that says way more about you having an axe to grind than it does about Yoan.  Is he a perfect player?  No.  Has he lived up to expectations?  Absolutely not.  I’m one of his biggest fans around these parts and yeah he’s frustrating AF to watch at times, especially right now.  I have no idea what’s up with him, but the hate being thrown at him right now just isn’t objective.  He is still an outstanding defender at 3rd with a track record of good offense production (even if worse than lofty predictions) who has played sporadically over two weeks while still dealing with physical issues.  Maybe put the pitchfork down for a minute and give him time. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really think if Eloy was taking back LF we’d be Pollock playing RF and Vaughn LF. But when they both play it’s opposite. Seems like TLR has mostly given up on Pollock in RF, which makes me think they’re going to DH Eloy most of the time, where he quite obviously belongs.  

It's insane that he would give up on Pollock, a Lifetime outfielder, in favor of two guys who have played first their entire lives.  I'm not saying you are wrong, it's just that is fucking crazy 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really think if Eloy was taking back LF we’d see Pollock playing RF and Vaughn LF. But when they both play it’s opposite. Seems like TLR has mostly given up on Pollock in RF, which makes me think they’re going to DH Eloy most of the time, where he quite obviously belongs.  

I hope you are right.  But I put nothing past TLR and this FO when it comes to doing stupid things. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The idea being that he’s being punished and that’s why he’s not playing, or just that he’s playing like shit cuz he’s out partying til the wee hours?

Punished

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Shane Riordan reported it yesterday on Parkins and Spiegel, and Mully brought it up again this morning 

I’m gonna take what Shane Riordan “reports” with a grain of salt.  It could very well be true, but considering the venue I’m not going to jump to any conclusions. 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's insane that he would give up on Pollock, a Lifetime outfielder, in favor of two guys who have played first their entire lives.  I'm not saying you are wrong, it's just that is fucking crazy 

No argument from me. We have an absolutely looney tune managing this team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m gonna take what Shane Riordan “reports” with a grain of salt.  It could very well be true, but considering the venue I’m not going to jump to any conclusions. 

Yea, but the problem is everyone knows this is very likely with Moncada.  Even this board talked about his nightlife during the pandemic.  This is very believable

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Yea, but the problem is everyone knows this is very likely with Moncada.  Even this board talked about his nightlife during the pandemic.  This is very believable

You’re not wrong.  It is totally believable.   I’m just not going to jump to any conclusions until we have some corroboration from more reputable outlets with less interest in gossip & the salacious. 

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This seems to assume that the manager is clearly thinking ahead and planning in detail rather than pulling lineups out of his butt on a nightly basis, and I would politely suggest that there is far more evidence that he’s doing the latter.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I wonder why pitchforks are out. People are just frustrated with it all. The team can change the narrative, it is on them. 

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

You’re not wrong.  It is totally believable.   I’m just not going to jump to any conclusions until we have some corroboration from more reputable outlets with less interest in gossip & the salacious. 

Not surprised at all.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If it were 100% true and there were even photos but he didn’t break the law or anything other than party, who else would be reporting it?

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This seems to assume that the manager is clearly thinking ahead and planning in detail rather than pulling lineups out of his butt on a nightly basis, and I would politely suggest that there is far more evidence that he’s doing the latter.

Touche.  I am assuming competence, which generally shouldn't be too much to ask.  But we're all in agreement we've seen a clear lack of just that the last 15 months.