White Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 PM: Kopech (1-1 1.29 ERA) vs Ryu (2-0 5.48 ERA)

Kyyle23

Just now, 2Deep said:

Jays were giving the Sox a free run if Jose lays off 2nd pitch which was 6 inches outside. Again, our lack of patience and approach at the plate catches up.

They were not going to pitch to Jose with burger on deck and let him get himself out.....he did just that.

ya i thought the same thing - the pitching coach told him to go around him

Just now, fathom said:

McGuire is worthless if he keeps not getting strikes called that are in the zone 

every game he's behind the plate we're all still complaining about the umps strike zone. If that's the case, he has no value as a big league catcher. Carlos Perez should be here already.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The org is gonna be several years too late to finally hiring a modern hitting coach just like they are with everything else they do

The Sox would need to start by hiring a Modern GM who was allowed to hire a modern day Manager, who in turn would hire capable 1B &3B & Hitting coaches.

But the real problem is JR hiring all his kiss asses over the years on the cheap.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s astonishing how dead this team is, yet there’s no urgency to shake things up.

only us Sox fans would be subject to a GM with a lifetime get out of jail free yard and yet also one completely afraid to change things up and admit failure in time to save a season.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

It’s astonishing how dead this team is, yet there’s no urgency to shake things up.

Nope because our big acquisitions will be Lynn, Jimenez and TA coming back off injuries. Maybe Yolbert will get a shot after they fall behind Detroit for 4th 🤷‍♂

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Nope because our big acquisitions will be Lynn, Jimenez and TA coming back off injuries. Maybe Yolbert will get a shot after they fall behind Detroit for 4th 🤷‍♂

Wouldn’t shock me at all if they finished 4th, seems like it’s a matter of which team gets and stays healthier first.  Guardians will get 1st or 2nd IMO.

• Haha 2

Just now, fathom said:

Wouldn’t shock me at all if they finished 4th, seems like it’s a matter of which team gets and stays healthier first.  Guardians will get 1st or 2nd IMO.

You a betting man? I’d happily take a wager that Guardians don’t finish top 2. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

If they're going to be bad, might as well go all the way with it. Getting a high pick + draft pool is badly needed for the system and maybe it would get TLR to walk away.