White Sox @ Blue Jays 2:07 PM, Cueto (0-1, 2.41) vs. Manoah (5-1, 1.77)

hogan873

Just now, whitesoxwin said:

Hard to argue against that for sure. There's gotta be a way to fix both but dang, where does it start?

New owner, new GM, whole new development staff, new Manager, new hitting coach, trading Yoan and Giolito

Just now, fathom said:

New owner, new GM, whole new development staff, new Manager, new hitting coach, trading Yoan and Giolito

Thought crossed my mind today…what could the Sox get for 1.5 years of Giolito?  That’s how bad this team looks.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Has to be Menechino. Or Harrison DFAed.  But Anderson's out so.. 

Carlos Perez.  Yolbert.  No easy answers.

Had someone I trust watch Yolbert a few times in person this last week and was less than impressed.  Lots of very weak contact.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You have to sit Yoan down and tell him if you really want out you need to go on an offensive tear or you're stuck in Chicago.

Just now, flavum said:

Thought crossed my mind today…what could the Sox get for 1.5 years of Giolito?  That’s how bad this team looks.

Look at the Twins last year. I still think they should trade him to Dodgers and try to get their stud catching prospect.

Can’t believe he wasn’t playing today.  

I said this Monday.  He should hit leadoff and be the DH every day.  

You have players that absolutely suck being run out there every day yet for some odd reason he has some platoon situation.

The lineup construction used by this fucking drunk asshole is killing me and this team.  There is zero opportunity for any consistency because of what he thinks, with no support, is a good idea,

Also maybe being the Cuban pipeline wasn't that great of an idea after all.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

I said this Monday.  He should hit leadoff and be the DH every day.  

You have players that absolutely suck being run out there every day yet for some odd reason he has some platoon situation.

The lineup construction used by this fucking drunk asshole is killing me and this team.  There is zero opportunity for any consistency because of what he thinks, with no support, is a good idea,

Also maybe being the Cuban pipeline wasn't that great of an idea after all.

Nothing makes sense anymore.  Tony has no idea what he’s doing.

Just now, flavum said:

But here is the worst part and I don't know how you get past it as a fan (at least I don't know how...):

Even if they "re-tooled" or even tried to "rebuild" again...why should we think for one second this FO would get it right this time? There is zero evidence to support they know what they are doing. So it's kind of like what's the point to all this? What are we doing if we know this FO, including ownership, is just stuck in this mode of constant mediocrity?

That's why this season is so hard to stomach, for me at least. It really was the nail in the coffin for me that we just aren't going to get anywhere with the current structure in place. It's a 2000's Blackhawks situation... 

• Like 3

Look at the Twins last year. I still think they should trade him to Dodgers and try to get their stud catching prospect.

They have another?  Already traded Ruiz to Wash.

Montas Castillo Giolito would be best available if they go that route.

Just now, Tony said:

But here is the worst part and I don't know how you get past it as a fan (at least I don't know how...):

Even if they "re-tooled" or even tried to "rebuild" again...why should we think for one second this FO would get it right this time? There is zero evidence to support they know what they are doing. So it's kind of like what's the point to all this? What are we doing if we know this FO, including ownership, is just stuck in this mode of constant mediocrity?

That's why this season is so hard to stomach, for me at least. It really was the nail in the coffin for me that we just aren't going to get anywhere with the current structure in place. It's a 2000's Blackhawks situation... 

Or like the Bulls with GarPax

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

You have to sit Yoan down and tell him if you really want out you need to go on an offensive tear or you're stuck in Chicago.

He could give two shits where he is playing.  He looks like a guy that got his money and will work hard when a new deal is on the horizon.  If he was not locked up long term, I think we see a different guy.  Same with Jimenez.  

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

He could give two shits where he is playing.  He looks like a guy that got his money and will work hard when a new deal is on the horizon.  If he was not locked up long term, I think we see a different guy.  Same with Jimenez.  

I’m also thinking he changed his workout routine after 2019

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Mired in mediocrity indeed.

And the Twins are falling back finally with all their injuries.  They get torched by the Jays next in TOR.

Which means the torture drags on.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Lol you think he really needs to be told that? These guys are not idiots.