G/T 6/15 White Sox (29-31) v Tigers (24-37) 12:30 Chgo time - Gonna be a hot one

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Swinging at crap again.

If Robert could just cut out those type of AB's where he's randomly just noncompetitive - it would go a long way for him. 

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Really liking AJ in the leadoff spot. 

I would not mind going 

AJ, Vaughn, TA, Abreu.  1-2-3-4 

The only problem is that TA is way better with the bases empty than with men on. I don't really see him ever leaving the leadoff spot because of that. 

Just now, chw42 said:

The only problem is that TA is way better with the bases empty than with men on. I don't really see him ever leaving the leadoff spot because of that. 

Then clearly we should put either TA or AJ in the 9 spot.

You know - the "other" leadoff spot.

4 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Then clearly we should put either TA or AJ in the 9 spot.

You know - the "other" leadoff spot.

Our production in the 9 spot is some of the best in baseball. Every other spot other than leadoff has been pretty bad though. 

At least Vaughn has locked in that 2 spot for now and he's produced well in it. Before he was there regularly, the production from it was an absolute shit show. 

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I don't think his batting average would suddenly shrink because of batting 3rd. He would know in that spot if he is just himself he would get a lot of RBI's.

We really aren't even sure if Tim just tryies to pull the ball with men on base or if it's just random that his RISP BA is worse.