Injuries

2Deep

19 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Um yes you do Tony because he gets more time to recover that way and why play a player short by not IL'ing him ? It's not like he's a superstar and needed back in less than 10 days. The Sox have basically been without him for a while now because of his bat.

Honetly, I'd rather play a man short on the bench for a few days than give Tony another AAA guy he can stick in the lineup.

• Haha 1

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Predicted return dates and roster moves

Today: Anderson for Haseley

July 1(ish): Jimenez for Mendick, Grandal for Zavala, Bummer for Lambert, Hendriks for Martin

Id be surprised if they sent Haseley back down after 1 day. Not many options tho. Also don’t really see how they send down Mendick at this point. Also missing Foster coming back next couple days.  

12 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Predicted return dates and roster moves

Today: Anderson for Haseley

July 1(ish): Jimenez for Mendick, Grandal for Zavala, Bummer for Lambert, Hendriks for Martin

The move today SHOULD be Anderson returning and Harrison being DFA'd.  But we'll see.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Honetly, I'd rather play a man short on the bench for a few days than give Tony another AAA guy he can stick in the lineup.

Healthy players are used in case of injury. It's stupid to play a man short. All this paranoia about TLR is just silly . There's no reason to shortchange the team.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Healthy players are used in case of injury. It's stupid to play a man short. All this paranoia about TLR is just silly . There's no reason to shortchange the team.

We've repeatedly seen this team losing games this year while playing a man short, and obviously needing that help. 

Hell, last night - it might not have mattered, but pinch hitting for Harrison in the 9th would have been excellent. 

• Like 1

As bad as Moncada has been, he has played nearly everyday when available.  The "playing your way out of a slump" except it hasn't worked.  Some indications he may not have been totally healthy as well.  In either case, this latest injury should have allowed you to put him on the IL to clear his head if nothing else.  I played competitive golf and every summer I would have to put the clubs down for about 10 days to get out of my own way.

37 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

As bad as Moncada has been, he has played nearly everyday when available.  The "playing your way out of a slump" except it hasn't worked.  Some indications he may not have been totally healthy as well.  In either case, this latest injury should have allowed you to put him on the IL to clear his head if nothing else.  I played competitive golf and every summer I would have to put the clubs down for about 10 days to get out of my own way.

He literally just went 5-6 in the game prior to the tweaked hammy. He needs to play if he can, not take time off to get his head straight. Sox can still retroact to Sat even tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Eloy is lost. Give him the next 2 weeks to figure it out, and if/when he doesn’t, you gotta option him. We don’t need more of this BS at the big league level. 

Can you even do that with his current contract situation?

On 6/20/2022 at 5:50 PM, 2Deep said:

I missed Hahn's session with media. Any updates on Grandal?

Yasmani Grandal (back) has resumed taking swings off a tee, but hasn't resumed running.

There isn't a timetable for Grandal to embark on a minor league rehab assignment, but his back pain has subsided to some degree. He'll need to ramp up his activity and progress to running at full speed before he's cleared for a rehab assignment. It remains unclear when he'll be back for the White Sox this season.

44 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Can you even do that with his current contract situation?

From what I can find, anybody with < 5 years service time that hasn't already had three option years can be optioned. I looked it up when I was wondering whether or not Engel could be optioned (before he got injured).

https://theathletic.com/3366299/2022/06/15/twins-luis-arraez/

Basically argues you can't ever be a great player unless you stay on the field (Nelson Cruz tutored Arraez in the off season even after he left the Twins, that was his advice if he wanted to be an All Star) and get consistent reps...lost 17 pounds in the offseason, completely changed his diet/nutrition.

And focused on his legs/base/foundation specifically.

Edited by caulfield12

6 hours ago, KipWellsFan said:

The heck is going on with Bummer? Any updates?

Estimated return date 7/10 according to RotoWire along with this: General manager Rick Hahn expanded upon Bummer's injury Monday (not sure which Monday that was) noting that the issue was in the tendon connecting the shoulder and lat. Bummer continues to progress, but the team is playing his return cautiously to ensure the area is fully healed.