6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep this is the season from hell. Type of season that sets back a franchise for 5-7 years.

I'm sure Twins fans were saying the same thing last year. I don't think next season is already doomed, but massive changes definitely need to take place at multiple levels of the organization

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'm sure Twins fans were saying the same thing last year. I don't think next season is already doomed, but massive changes definitely need to take place at multiple levels of the organization

Didn't the Twins not change anything and just traded some players and signed Correa?

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Twins did a great job of reallocating payroll.  I think the Sox will have a harder time doing that.

Just now, chw42 said:

Didn't the Twins not change anything and just traded some players and signed Correa?

Sanchez and Jeffers at catcher.  Rebuilt entire rotation with Ryan Archer Bundy Paddack Ober Paddack.

Added Larnach Celestino and Kiriloff to mix from system.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sanchez and Jeffers at catcher.  Rebuilt entire rotation with Ryan Archer Bundy Paddack Ober Paddack.

Added Larnach Celestino and Kiriloff to mix from system.

I was more talking about how they didn't change their front office or coaching staff. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Twins did a great job of reallocating payroll.  I think the Sox will have a harder time doing that.

Especially considering how much goes to Correa and then Buxton...and they still have Maeda as well in theory second half.

Cruz and Donaldson were very expensive for a mid tier payroll.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Regression is a pretty powerful thing. It's worked in their favor with guys who were injured + underperforming last season. Part of the Sox contending next season will be predicated on the same happening with guys like Eloy, Moncada, Grandal, Giolito, etc.