6/27 Sox @ Angels: One Win Changes Nothing, Fire Tony La Russa Into The Sun Gamethread (8:38PM CT, NBCSC)

Tnetennba

4 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

No. You misunderstood me. You know the Sox, they hate to pay older players unless you’re a 33 or 34 year old relief pitcher. Who’s to say TA Doesn’t look for that big payday after his contact is up in a couple of years. I would never trade TA at this point  the hope is TA is here for the next 5 years, Sosa playing 2nd and Montgomery waiting in the wings 

Whatever they do, the Sox need younger players for those spots and not a growing number of 32+ guys.

Sosa could end up at third or taking over the Mendick role...pushing Harrison out in the short term.

I tend to stay away form thinking firing coaches and managers ever resolves anything.   But how can Rick Hahn sit at home watching  the same games we do and at the very least not have canned Frank Menechino by now?   It's the  same crap every night with this offense.   I understand the old corpse manager is off limits, but make yourself look like you are busy and in charge and get rid of the batting coach by now. 

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

the offensive game plan is to let the fans get to bed at a reasonable time tonight i guess

The key to a nice marriage is never to go to bed angry.  Unfortunately I do not have that same type of relationship with the White Sox especially on these West Coast games.

Just now, brijames1957 said:

This team never works the count. 

No Grandal and No Moncada will do that. Those were the 2 guys who actually walked a lot last year. Without them this year, nobody on the team walks. Jose is leading the team in BBs for crying out loud. 

42 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Tonight will be my final opinion on Gio. If he pitches well and looks good I’ll be ok with him staying in the rotation. If he shits the bed again, I will not want him around anymore. I don’t quite understand how you can from the worst pitcher in baseball to one of best than back to one of the worst. 

will he turn it around again? Tonight may tell the tale. 

Oh good lord.

Just now, chw42 said:

No Grandal and No Moncada will do that. Those were the 2 guys who actually walked a lot last year. Without them this year, nobody on the team walks. Jose is leading the team in BBs for crying out loud. 

No one appreciated Moncada and Grandal last year even though they had very good years, this is what the team/offense looks like without that production.