White Sox Interested in Mahle/Castillo?

DirtySox

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

This is what I'm afraid of.  The farm is pretty barren, but I fear they go all KW to bolster a flawed roster in a desperate attempt to make a run.

With what happened last week, Colas seems like an obvious one to keep an eye on.  The Sosa buzz was weird, but definitely mentioned trade evaluations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This is what I'm afraid of.  The farm is pretty barren, but I fear they go all KW to bolster a flawed roster in a desperate attempt to make a run.

This is not the year to go all in.  Even if they go on a run, will they be a match for this year's Yankees?  I doubt it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I actually like Kasper...he is a professional.  I loved his call of Timmy's game winner in Iowa...I listened to that numerous times.

Now if Len would have been a late game clutch pinch hitter for the Cubbies....I would say FUCK HIM too.

See, I absolutely LOATHE Len.  At first I thought it was just his Cubs affiliation, but its far beyond that now.  Yes he will always have that taint, but he's just so boring, bland, and milquetoast that I go nearly comatose listening to him.  He just isn't good IMO.  Others definitely disagree with me, but I stand by it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

See, I absolutely LOATHE Len.  At first I thought it was just his Cubs affiliation, but its far beyond that now.  Yes he will always have that taint, but he's just so boring, bland, and milquetoast that I go nearly comatose listening to him.  He just isn't good IMO.  Others definitely disagree with me, but I stand by it.

I understand and respect that.  I personally really miss hearing Farmer on the radio.  He might have been an acquired taste, but he was our acquired taste.  RIP Farmio.

• Love 2
  • Hawk 1

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

But you know as a long time Cubbie hater, I do love that Len walked away from being the TV guy for the Cubs to go across town to do radio.  That made me chuckle a bit at the time.

Now if we could just get Dave Kaplan to go over to the Marquee network, that would be great.  I accidentally heard that guy on the radio one morning....he is awful and he's on the radio and tv home of the White Sox...that's just wrong.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

But you know as a long time Cubbie hater, I do love that Len walked away from being the TV guy for the Cubs to go across town to do radio.  That made me chuckle a bit at the time.

Now if we could just get Dave Kaplan to go over to the Marquee network, that would be great.  I accidentally heard that guy on the radio one morning....he is awful and he's on the radio and tv home of the White Sox...that's just wrong.

Oh don't even get me started on that asshat.  Even the mention of his name on Sox games makes my skin crawl.  There are homers, there are fanatics, and then there is that guy.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I agree.  Every time I hear his call if the magical FOD walk-off I cringe.  He sounds like one of my kids whining for ice cream

• Haha 1

Just now, JoeC said:

I still get goosebumps hearing Farmio's "light it up!" call.

Me too and I absolutely loved that DJ through that in after Tim's game winner at the Field of Dreams.  What an awesome tribute.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bmags said:

If I had to guess the offensive help Rick Hahn will go after it would be:

Nelson Cruz - budget doesn't matter when they are a DH. He has heard of Nelson Cruz but couldn't fit him in budget before, but now he's only $7 mill for rest of season. Sure, he's 42 and in his worse season ever, but that just means he's a budget bin, not that he's washed. 50% groundball rate perfect for team.

Christian Walker - Career Year, positional liability, "multiple years of control", Right handed, will point to Home Run Total

Avisail Garcia - "multiple years of control", I sorted 2022 leaders by groundball rate and he was 4th - perfect for Menechino, Down year means he should be cheap, solves "RF issue", Hustles, possible clubhouse cancer a positive

Miguel Cabrera - "Legend, have been trying to get him for a long time", positional liability, 52% groundball rate, Right handed, "Hitting .300"

I wouldn't completely hate an Avi reunion, and I was super happy when he left.  That's how bad it is

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

The July 2021 Braves were no match for the juggernaut Dodgers, either.  Nor the magical Giants.  

Good point.  You do never know.  Still awful risky to sell whatever part of the farm that is valuable to go all in this year....unless the Sox are getting back controllable pieces.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

He is the poster boy for the 21st century announcer.  Very straightforward, unopinionated, and unexciting.  The anti-Hawk if you will.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He is the poster boy for the 21st century announcer.  Very straightforward, unopinionated, and unexciting.  The anti-Hawk if you will.

I guess?  I watch/listen to a lot of out of town baseball, and i find very few as bland and boring as Len.  Most team commentators have far more personality, even if they aren't to Hawk's level.  National broadcasters I will give you, but team broadcasters have much more flavor than bland vanilla Len.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Josh Bell would be a huge get…but of course the argument will be don’t block Sheets for the far superior player.

Drury has made and makes sense for a number of teams.

Starting pitching shouldn’t be prioritized over hitting right now…and Castillo will be more expensive in prospect cost than he’s worth.

Knowing Hahn, he will probably try to fix Kelenic’s swing instead.  Or move him to second base.

What?

• Haha 4

I like Drury but they need a left handed bat.  Do they have enough prospects to get Bryan Reynolds in a down year?  And if they do, can they dump Pollock for some prospects to a contender.  I think getting Drury does make sense but only if they get a left handed bat.  

2 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

I like Drury but they need a left handed bat.  Do they have enough prospects to get Bryan Reynolds in a down year?  And if they do, can they dump Pollock for some prospects to a contender.  I think getting Drury does make sense but only if they get a left handed bat.  

They can teach him to hit lefthanded.

Just as easily as they can teach Burger to become an everyday 2Bman.

38 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Totally agree, Len seems like a nice enough guy, but his cadence and voice, specifically his HR calls, drive me insane.  For whatever reason it sounds to me like he believes his entire audience is made up of people under the age of 10, if that makes any sense.