White Sox Interested in Mahle/Castillo?

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Fans assume there are other naive GMs not named Rick Hahn.

Like one of those Score call in classics where we get a proposed trade package of Foster, Ruiz, Pollock, Engel, Sheets and whichever catcher out of the three you dislike the most for XYZ superstar from another team…

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I get that, and you are most likely correct, although there are many players that just can't handle NYC. But I would definitely trade Pollock for him. You might be stuck with Pollock another year for 8 figures if he stays around.

It's a pipe dream.  There's definitely no pressure to perform in the Sox organization.

Sox are going after starting pitching because Michael Kopech is not ready for a full season of starting. 

He has been pretty solid the 1st half as a starter......now if you get a starter you put MK in the bullpen to limit his innings 

That's my belief of why they want starting pitching 

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s probably true, but shooting for ways to add a left-handed 2B.

How many left handed hitting 2nd baseman are out there that you can acquire?

I don't really see many if any at all the teams would be willing to trade.

40 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Like one of those Score call in classics where we get a proposed trade package of Foster, Ruiz, Pollock, Engel, Sheets and whichever catcher out of the three you dislike the most for XYZ superstar from another team…

Or like how half this website declared that Kimbrel was untradeable and nobody would take that contract and you for sure wouldn't be getting a player back because there is no GM that dumb 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Or like how half this website declared that Kimbrel was untradeable and nobody would take that contract and you for sure wouldn't be getting a player back because there is no GM that dumb 

You could also say the people who thought the Sox should just spend the $1 million to buy out Kimbrel and spend the savings on a real left handed hitter probably had a better thought process than the Michigan, Harvard, and NU educated Sox GM.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You could also say the people who thought the Sox should just spend the $1 million to buy out Kimbrel and spend the savings on a real left handed hitter probably had a better thought process than the Michigan, Harvard, and NU educated Sox GM.

Yeah for what Pollock has been, paying the $1 buyout would have been ok.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I was fully wrong about him being untradeable, but i was fully right about him no longer being a good reliever.

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Drury would be such a White Sox acquisition. 

It is.  But its hard to argue he wouldn't be a useful piece, and he can't cost much and doesn't crowd the picture past 2022.  Problem is the Sox just don't have many roster spots to play with.  We all know Leury isn't going anywhere.  Harrison probably isn't either.  You could option Sheets, but then we're exacerbating the lack of lineup balance because Drury is yet another righty.  

There just aren't many left handed options that are going to be available as we've discussed here before.  But Sox made their own bed here.  

54 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

They were more right than I believed.

I figured there was no way Hahn picks up the option unless they were keeping Kimbrel or if he had positive trade value.  Instead he traded him for a player that had seemingly slightly negative value, that couldn't play RF or bat left handed.

The only GM that dumb was our GM. 

22 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

They were more right than I believed.

I figured there was no way Hahn picks up the option unless they were keeping Kimbrel or if he had positive trade value.  Instead he traded him for a player that had seemingly slightly negative value, that couldn't play RF or bat left handed.

The only GM that dumb was our GM. 

The player not performing up to his normal levels has nothing to do with it.  Every GM has dumb and smart moments.  

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I was fully wrong about him being untradeable, but i was fully right about him no longer being a good reliever.

Even Though I argued with you about it a few months ago, I meant it when I said half this website thought it wasn't getting done.  It wasn't just you

Being at yesterdays game was alot of fun. Most games I've been to this year have bored me to death because of the lack of hitting. Having Eloy in the lineup producing  helps the team tremendously.  Hopefully he can continue  hitting and the team will be in the hunt for the playoffs. I'm hoping the White Sox become buyers  instead of sellers at the dealine.

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Being at yesterdays game was alot of fun. Most games I've been to this year have bored me to death because of the lack of hitting. Having Eloy in the lineup producing  helps the team tremendously.  Hopefully he can continue  hitting and the team will be in the hunt for the playoffs. I'm hoping the White Sox become buyers  instead of sellers at the dealine.

The Sox were never and are never going to be sellers at the deadline, even if this team loses the next 12 games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes. Pollock hit RHP pretty well, but chances are he was in a far more balanced line up when he faced them with other teams. Pitchers can sometimes struggle finding their slots when the line up is balanced. A real LHH would do this team some good.

I also believe this.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The player not performing up to his normal levels has nothing to do with it.  Every GM has dumb and smart moments.  

I  agree that all GMs have both smart and dumb moments but Tampa has more smart moments than most.

The Sox have 5 viable starters, so starter insurance doesn't seem like the most efficient use of resources.  These guys are decent pitchers:  high K rates (loved by Hahn analytics) but also high walk rates, which will fit right in.  

Shouldn't make a move anyway until after the all star break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2Deep said:

How many left handed hitting 2nd baseman are out there that you can acquire?

I don't really see many if any at all the teams would be willing to trade.

Exactly, which is why Lowe would be an interesting acquisition despite a down season and his current back issue.  He probably isn’t even available and the price would likely be too high even if he was, but you just never know with the Rays.