7/23 Sox / Guardians G2 6:15PM TLR promoted yet?

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Cmon. Who is a good manager? Seriously? Name 2-3 "good" managers. RR was as good as most of the big league managers. Didn't even the wizard, the genius, Joe Maddon, get fired this year?

Joe Maddon is pretty widely believed to be a poor in-game manager—bad example.  Terry Francona, Dusty Baker, Bruce Bochy.  That was not hard.

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Joe Maddon is pretty widely believed to be a poor in-game manager—bad example.  Terry Francona, Dusty Baker, Bruce Bochy.  That was not hard.

I'm sure there are some fans on here who would not be thrilled with Francona or Dusty or even Bochy.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm sure there are some fans on here who would not be thrilled with Francona or Dusty or even Bochy.

I don't think Dusty is a great manager.

I do think Francona and Bochy are.

Edited by wegner
Miss spell again

I did not watch one minute of this game.  I just got home and watched highlights  but can someone explain how the FUCKING GUARDIANS keep hitting high 96+ fastballs for hits???!!

I want to hate on the WS pitchers but those are good pitches 

I don't get it......never seen that 

It almost seems like they know its coming

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Cmon. Who is a good manager? Seriously? Name 2-3 "good" managers. RR was as good as most of the big league managers. Didn't even the wizard, the genius, Joe Maddon, get fired this year? ... Francona has always seemed decent but I bet he has his detractors. Dusty is pretty good I guess. I'd think he has detractors as well.

Ozzie.Guillermo.Guillen

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Cmon. Who is a good manager? Seriously? Name 2-3 "good" managers. RR was as good as most of the big league managers. Didn't even the wizard, the genius, Joe Maddon, get fired this year? ... Francona has always seemed decent but I bet he has his detractors. Dusty is pretty good I guess. I'd think he has detractors as well.

If RR was such a good manager he would be employed by another team already in some capacity. He is not even close to a good manager…

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Al Lopez was great, knew how to handle a pitching staff, it didn't hurt that he had Ray Berres as his pitching coach. Lopez was a catcher in his playing days, I have always believed that catchers made the best managers. I always wondered why Fisk didn't try managing.

Walter Alston was also damn good, he had a few more horses than Lopez.

Can't argue with Casey Stengel's record but talk about horses, it was the Yankees.

Others who I thought were damn good were Billy Martin, Chuck Tanner and Tommy Lasorda.

BTW...Lopez, Alston and Lasorda in all their years of managing were never fired, that says a lot right there.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Kevin Cash currently is one id put up there.

Historically there are a lot.

There are certainly many more bad ones than good ones. but that's true in every sport

54 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Kevin Cash currently is one id put up there.

Historically there are a lot.

There are certainly many more bad ones than good ones. but that's true in every sport

Cash seems good but I give Tampa's sustained success to the GM, President of baseball operations, and Scouts who continue to find players and pitchers that the Sox certainly can't identify.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp
  • Like 1