7/23 Sox / Guardians G2 6:15PM TLR promoted yet?

Vote4Pedro

Calls for TLR to be fired (while justified) only obscure the fact that the players and pitchers  on this team (Cease and Cueto aside) were overrated, almost down to the man.

The standings indicate that the Sox can contend, but when you watch games against the top teams, you realize the Sox are way short on speed, power, athleticism and pitching. If the Sox decide to sell, I would dangle All-Star Liam Hendriks and see if he could net some prospects.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tray said:

Calls for TLR to be fired (while justified) only obscure the fact that the players and pitchers  on this team (Cease and Cueto aside) were overrated, almost down to the man.

The standings indicate that the Sox can contend, but when you watch games against the top teams, you realize the Sox are way short on speed, power, athleticism and pitching. If the Sox decide to sell, I would dangle All-Star Liam Hendriks and see if he could net some prospects.

Look, it might hurt your feelings, but if you are the boss of an organization where essentially every single person of substance in your direct reports gets worse and worse at their jobs, said supervisor loses their job.  That's true in baseball or any other leadership job.  The other thing that has proven HUGELY overrated is Tony's ability to win.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look, it might hurt your feelings, but if you are the boss of an organization where essentially every single person of substance in your direct reports gets worse and worse at their jobs, said supervisor loses their job.  That's true in baseball or any other leadership job.  The other thing that has proven HUGELY overrated is Tony's ability to win.

You missed the point.

It’s not a coincidence that the projection of this team plummeted when they hired the cuck from the retirement villa. Everything has been downhill since then, unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to salvage this shit show without Jerry going/selling. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

The game tonight is a regional broadcast televised on FOX.  That is Channel 32 WFLD in Chicago starting at 6 PM CDT (Central Daylight Time).

This is the regular, free over the air network named FOX, not to be confused with various pay cable networks that have FOX in the name (FS1, FS2, FX, etc.).

Here is a map courtesy of 506 Sports of the part of the country where the game will be carried on local FOX affiliates:

https://506sports.com/

1 minute ago, tray said:

I fear that Lynn gives up a quick 3 runs. If so pull him while he still has some trade value.

He has 0 trade value right now. Allowing him to give up 3 runs and pulling him doesn't help that. Do you think none of the other 29 teams wouldn't notice? Their scouts in attendance go blind pregame, their MLB apps somehow don't show this boxscore, the TV cameras break, and the radio signals go out? Is that the grand plan?

14 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

It’s not a coincidence that the projection of this team plummeted when they hired the cuck from the retirement villa. Everything has been downhill since then, unfortunately I don’t think there is a way to salvage this shit show without Jerry going/selling. 

They went 93-69 last season w significant injuries throughout, 24 games over .500 from hire is not "plummeted" in my book. 

Something has happened this season where Moncada, Grandal, Eloy all have forgotten how to hit a ML baseball. 

Something has happened this season where Giollito and Lynn are complete ass. 

This is how you get a .500 ball club. 

2 minutes ago, tray said:

This team was and is overrated.. They lack speed, power, and in many cases, the durability required to endure the grind of a long season. Too many one tool players and one trick ponies.

Add in a lack of solid pitching and defense. They can hit a lot of singles, though.

9 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

So Grandal can play both games in a doubleheader and Jimenez can pinch hit in game 1 and play game 2, but TA cannot play both games or pinch it. 

I honestly don’t get the fucking logic. 

Oh, well you know…as the folks in Minnesota say the world needs ditch diggers too.  At least you’re working pal.  Seriously though, Anderson did play in the all star game.

12 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

So Grandal can play both games in a doubleheader and Jimenez can pinch hit in game 1 and play game 2, but TA cannot play both games or pinch it. 

I honestly don’t get the fucking logic. 

It's like someone said on the game thread, Abreu refused to sit and demands to play.  A leader.   It doesn't appear TA puts up much of fight to get into the lineup when offered a day off.   He should be on LaRussa's ass demanding to be out there every day.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's like someone said on the game thread, Abreu refused to sit and demands to play.  A leader.   It doesn't appear TA puts up much of fight to get into the lineup when offered a day off.   He should be on LaRussa's ass demanding to be out there every day.  

#hehasotherPriorities. No more spaghetti dinners to put up the fight w TLR?