08/17: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Houston was the better team each of the first three games. Nice that we rallied but we can't really touch their pitching. 

I'm not going to apologize for finally having some timely hitting and solid performances out of the pen. When we've been giving games away all year. Being better late in a game doesn't mean you were outplayed. 7th/8th/9th are rather important innings and we were better. 

• Like 3

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, pmb0928 said:

We have dumb players.  If we are patient Valdez might not even start next inning.  We bail him out.

one of the 5 dumbest teams in baseball without a doubt, top to bottom just full of dullards playing 1990s era baseball in a league of teams using AI algorithms and advanced statistics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's not Harrison's fault he is completely overexposed. It's pathetic he & Leury were penciled in to play such pivotal roles on a supposed contender.

I like Josh Harrison.  I didn't like it when they acquired him because I thought he was washed up.  He is certainly way past his prime but I still like him.  He's an easy guy to root for.  That said, they definitely need to upgrade at 2B next year.

• Like 3

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I maintain that even though Moncada isn't a special hitter since his bout with Covid, he's still a solid player having a terrible season. 

I think it was pretty evident in Spring Training that there was something physically wrong with him this year. It's just a lost season for him. Hopefully he's fully healthy to start next season and he can at least be the player he was in 2021. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

one of the 5 dumbest teams in baseball without a doubt, top to bottom just full of dullards playing 1990s era baseball in a league of teams using AI algorithms and advanced statistics

We were doing well not swinging at the curve ball.  Grandal takes a four pitch walk loading the bases, and Big Energy comes up next and swings at the first pitch and hit into a double play.  I would have given Harrison the take sign on the first pitch.  But we never give a take sign. Must be a TLR unwritten rule.

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Don’t forget everybody, and I love the guy, but the game would be tied right now, but Kopech falling asleep in the first hurt

I'm still too pissed about the Harrison/Engel AB's to even think about anything else. Even the game that was going on in front of me during that last half inning. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

We were doing well not swinging at the curve ball.  Grandal takes a four pitch walk loading the bases, and Big Energy comes up next and swings at the first pitch and hit into a double play.  I would have given Harrison the take sign on the first pitch.  But we never give a take sign. Must be a TLR unwritten rule.

Yeah, you gotta wonder how that's not just a rule on this team with how poorly they hit with the bases loaded. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I know we complain about Grandal never throwing runners out, but a huge part of the issue is that most pitchers on the staff don't bother holding runners on at all

Pretty sure half of this forum could have stolen a base on Kopech at one point or another tonight.