Multiple Championships

SonofaRoache

I’m so angry after tonight. I think I hit a breaking point. 

Placing this promising team - these incredible prospects -  into the befuddled hands of Head boofalagus Tony La Russa might be the most tragic White Sox event of my lifetime. I feel like I am living in the middle of a five year nightmare I can’t escape.

I’m not stupid enough to say I’ll quit this team because I won’t, I love the White Sox and baseball too much to let these clowns take away what’s precious to me. However, it must be said - the culture of this organization is toxic, and I won’t stop talking about it with everyone I talk to who gives a damn about real Chicago sports until it changes. This is unacceptable. 

We are the laughingstock of knowledgeable baseball people, and not one team used more resources to get less this year. This isn’t working and it is time for a major shakeup, and we need to keep being vocal. One thing about Sox fans that sets us apart is that we don’t accept shit like this and we make noise about it. The only way this changes is if we keep talking about it everywhere we possibly can.

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • TLR 2

I won’t be attending another game until Tony is gone, hell I’ve barely watched a full game this year due to the utter disgust of the product on the field and the seemingly lack of care from the organization as a whole. 

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

this is why I laugh when people talk about possible trade acquisitions that the Sox could make to get the team over the hump, no trades will do that barring the A+ tier class guys who are good because they have innate talent

how many players (specifically position players) have to come here and then have career low performances before people start to realize that it's the way the Sox do things (prep, research/tech, scouting reports, training, etc) that causes guys to just fall flat on their face

some guys are gonna be good regardless like Abreu and NewTimmy but you also have to get the most out of your 750ish OPS guys and this team clearly doesn't know wtf they're doing with the B tier/2nd Class players

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

3 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Placing this promising team - these incredible prospects -  into the befuddled hands of Head boofalagus Tony La Russa might be the most tragic White Sox event of my lifetime. I feel like I am living in the middle of a five year nightmare I can’t escape.

I’m not stupid enough to say I’ll quit this team because I won’t, I love the White Sox and baseball too much to let these clowns take away what’s precious to me. However, it must be said - the culture of this organization is toxic, and I won’t stop talking about it with everyone I talk to who gives a damn about real Chicago sports until it changes. This is unacceptable. 

We are the laughingstock of knowledgeable baseball people, and not one team used more resources to get less this year. This isn’t working and it is time for a major shakeup, and we need to keep being vocal. One thing about Sox fans that sets us apart is that we don’t accept shit like this and we make noise about it. The only way this changes is if we keep talking about it everywhere we possibly can.

If I may suggest you need to write or e-mail your season ticket rep or folks in the Sox front office.

Rick Hahn said on the Sox web site (I believe) just last month that if anyone sends him a letter that is polite and signs their full name with a return address he reads them. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

30 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If I may suggest you need to write or e-mail your season ticket rep or folks in the Sox front office.

Rick Hahn said on the Sox web site (I believe) just last month that if anyone sends him a letter that is polite and signs their full name with a return address he reads them. 

He may read them but totally ignores them.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

13 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

A pathetic owner, a pathetic GM, a brain dead and pathetic manager and a bunch of pathetic losers on the field.

Last night was unbelievable with 17Ks and no walks, as a KC pitcher said last week, the Sox are easiest team in MLB to get out because they will swing at anything and refuse to work the count, that comes down to pure laziness.

I've been a fan for 70 years and have also just about reached the breaking point. There will have to be a major re-evaluation of the roster this coming off-season, they are paying millions and millions of dollars on guys like Eloy, Moncada and Robert who spend just about more time on the IL than they do on the field. The trouble if the FO decides to trade these guys is what teams would take a chance on such fragile players. The FO may be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1

13 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

this is why I laugh when people talk about possible trade acquisitions that the Sox could make to get the team over the hump, no trades will do that barring the A+ tier class guys who are good because they have innate talent

how many players (specifically position players) have to come here and then have career low performances before people start to realize that it's the way the Sox do things (prep, research/tech, scouting reports, training, etc) that causes guys to just fall flat on their face

some guys are gonna be good regardless like Abreu and NewTimmy but you also have to get the most out of your 750ish OPS guys and this team clearly doesn't know wtf they're doing with the B tier/2nd Class players

Part of the problem is they get them from the NL.   Changing leagues is not easy especially for the Sox.

12 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

A pathetic owner, a pathetic GM, a brain dead and pathetic manager and a bunch of pathetic losers on the field.

Last night was unbelievable with 17Ks and no walks, as a KC pitcher said last week, the Sox are easiest team in MLB to get out because they will swing at anything and refuse to work the count, that comes down to pure laziness.

I've been a fan for 70 years and have also just about reached the breaking point. There will have to be a major re-evaluation of the roster this coming off-season, they are paying millions and millions of dollars on guys like Eloy, Moncada and Robert who spend just about more time on the IL than they do on the field. The trouble if the FO decides to trade these guys is what teams would take a chance on such fragile players. The FO may be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Tony has done enuf dumb things in an injury-filled season he should be gone at the end of the season ... 17Ks and no walks??? My gosh. That coupled with a 2022 season body of work of horrific hitting means the hitting coach should be gone now or at the end of the season ... GM should be gone. Acquiring guys like Grandal and Harrison, the list is plentiful, shows the GM is not good. Scouts must be blah too. ... It's obvious the rebuild is a failure. Squad could catch lightning one year if the collection of relievers ever clicks. But Team is no better off than had it not tanked and tried to win the traditional way (free agents to go with draft picks and mabe one trade). ... Also owner should sell the team. His decision to hire elderly Tony shows he's not exactly contending for rocket scientist status. 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1
  • Hawk 1

22 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

The organization seems cool with “participation” trophies. 

At school they had an 'Effort' trophy for those less talented at sport but very enthusiastic, but I am not sure any of this team would qualify as 'very enthusiastic'.

11 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

That Fargo scene is priceless. The wife on the right is great. And the car buyer when he calls Lundegaard a liar is just precious a scene. This is an underrated scene in movie history. That Lundegaard character, who ultimately gets his, is a loser scumbag in trying to cheat the car buyer. And the car buyer gives in cause it's just not worth it to be around the sleazy salesman any more. The William Gacy character is such a troubled loser. What a special movie! p.s. When the Lundegaard guy asks the car dealer owner if he has tickets for him for the Wisconsin game what a moment when the dealer is like, for you? Ha."

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, greg775 said:

That Fargo scene is priceless. The wife on the right is great. And the car buyer when he calls Lundegaard a liar is just precious a scene. This is an underrated scene in movie history. That Lundegaard character, who ultimately gets his, is a loser scumbag in trying to cheat the car buyer. And the car buyer gives in cause it's just not worth it to be around the sleazy salesman any more. The William Gacy character is such a troubled loser. What a special movie! p.s. When the Lundegaard guy asks the car dealer owner if he has tickets for him for the Wisconsin game what a moment when the dealer is like, for you? Ha."

Joe Kelly is White Sox Tru-coat.

I love many other scenes, including the Marge’s lunch scene with the lonely Japanese guy, and “we go to pancake house”.

• Like 1