White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

Teams do this to us on purpose because they know that our team is weak. For example, Cleveland took advantage of us yesterday because they knew we would give in eventually and let them postpone the game even though we had our best pitcher on the mound.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, RJSox_22 said:

Can’t watch this trash anymore. 

But reminder:  this organization planned to have Keuchel, Velasquez and innings limit Kopech make up 60% of the rotation in a “world series or bust” year.

Clean fucking house

But Hahn stategically planned on Cueto being close to great for us...

14 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

2 innings 2 double plays

We have gone away from the running game.  I admit however that some of our runners are very slow, however we need to put some runners in motion whenever possible.  We hit too many ground balls.  Vaughn has become our latest double play machine.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yesterday proved to me days the Sox don’t play are far more enjoyable than game days

I've resorted to not watching anymore unless they're up or it's late and close. I'll check in here or there during the game but I'm rarely watching when the game starts. I'd rather not watch this shit team AND waste my time while I'm at it. 

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Teams do this to us on purpose because they know that our team is weak. Cleveland took advantage of us yesterday. Other teams just have better scouting and analytics than us.

Yeah this makes no sense.  Figuring out "Cy Young candidate vs. our worst pitcher is a bad matchup" does not exactly take a great scouting department. And would a "strong" team have just gone out there and scrimmaged on the waterlogged field, or what?

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I've resorted to not watching anymore unless they're up or it's late and close. I'll check in here or there during the game but I'm rarely watching when the game starts. I'd rather not watch this shit team AND waste my time while I'm at it. 

Yeah I turned it off for today. 

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah this makes no sense.  Figuring out "Cy Young candidate vs. our worst pitcher is a bad matchup" does not exactly take a great scouting department. And would a "strong" team have just gone out there and scrimmaged on the waterlogged field, or what?

Would clove to hear the actual conversation behind that decision making process.  It would be HBO Gold.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

To be fair, they are in Kansas City.  There was no fans yelling into the dugout to wake up Tony to let him know to make a change.

Also, it seems funny now that Cleveland was trying to duck this clown show.

If anything beating the Sox essentially would have buried them for good. Surely Naylor wanted to play it out.