White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Remember how hyped the crowd was for Kopech's debut? And Eloy's? God I miss those days.

I was there.  It was electric.  So much hope and hype.  What a sorry state of affairs we find ourselves in now.

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

That would be one of the many phrases it would randomly post after certain negative in-game events from GameDay. 

I'll also add in certain random posts after bad results from guys like Pollock and Moncada. It would be very realistic. 

True story, I went back and watched Yoan’s 2019 homer highlights on YouTube.  God that guy was electric.  I don’t blame the Sox for extending him.

Just now, fathom said:

True story, I went back and watched Yoan’s 2019 homer highlights on YouTube.  God that guy was electric.  I don’t blame the Sox for extending him.

Those were the days.  Following Cease minor league starts and Robert’s rapid ascent year where he destroyed every league.

Just now, fathom said:

Yup he looked like a different guy back then. He even looked dangerous hitting right handed. Hell probably more dangerous than he was left handed last year. 

If COVID really is the primary reason for his regression then he's probably one of the only athletes to suffer that big of a setback from COVID alone. I don't want to just say that Yoan isn't working hard because I don't know the guy, but if I had $50 million of guaranteed money on my contract I sure as hell wouldn't work as hard as I would if I had to earn my money through arbitration. It's just human nature. 

• Like 1