White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup he looked like a different guy back then. He even looked dangerous hitting right handed. Hell probably more dangerous than he was left handed last year. 

If COVID really is the primary reason for his regression then he's probably one of the only athletes to suffer that big of a setback from COVID alone. I don't want to just say that Yoan isn't working hard because I don't know the guy, but if I had $50 million of guaranteed money on my contract I sure as hell wouldn't work as hard as I would if I had to earn my money through arbitration. It's just human nature. 

The ball used to jump off his bat to the opposite field. Literal foul pole to foul pole power.

Just now, fathom said:

The ball used to jump off his bat to the opposite field. Literal foul pole to foul pole power.

I think part of that was the ball. 

Yoan went through the perfect storm of MLB changing the ball and getting COVID. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Andrus seems like he might decide to just quit playing baseball any day soon…

Anybody else feel he should have been on 2nd base after Taylor just quit on the play? If Yoan can score from 1st, Andrus has to be on 2nd on that. Then Harrison's single easily drives him in. 

• Like 1