Official NBA 22-23

55 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

That said, if they trade Lavine and not Vuc & DD they are just dumb.  

I actually don't blame them - make the deal and you can trade DD later, but if you can get maximum lift now for Lavine just do it.  I'd also do the rest - but I can appreciate if they want to wait a bit more there. I would probably move at least Vuc if I moved Lavine.  

32 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah, I really don't understand the Bulls seemingly hoping for a play in finish. But although 3 of them are nice, they have to be spaced apart, and will probably be middle of the pack at best, and all they get back is crap for the forseeable future. If the Bulls did this, it is a total money dump.

Its a soft reset - get the picks; do the same for Vuc. Than you keep Derozan (cause no way can they pull off all 3) and either dangle Derozan in the off-season or have him as your vet as part of a retool and use your picks you acquired to try again.  If they traded all 3 - I think they could probably get 5 to 6 FRP (ideally all unprotected) and than a few pick swaps and if you take on salary / other things, probably more than that quite frankly.

I could see Derozan getting you 2, Vuc 1, and Lavine 3 (and other than Lavine - I could see Derozan being more than 2 (maybe 2 unprotected one top 4 protected) and Vuc could be 1 unprotected and another top whatever protection. Add in Caruso or someone else and you could get a ton of picks. 

Whether you ever use those picks to draft or those are just new assets for whatever they do next (while having a completely different cap position).  

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I actually don't blame them - make the deal and you can trade DD later, but if you can get maximum lift now for Lavine just do it.  I'd also do the rest - but I can appreciate if they want to wait a bit more there. I would probably move at least Vuc if I moved Lavine.  

Sure, if they aren't blown away by offers for DD, no reason to move him just because.  It just seems silly to me to move Zach and keep the other two when the team is going nowhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

AKME looking more and more like GarPax 2.0 today.  Same old Bulls, why did I expect anything different?

I don’t get their plan at all. Seems like it’s to go as close to .500 as possible and sell a lot of tickets.  This team has no present or future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I still go back to - as much as I don't like this team - with a quality point guard, they are actually pretty decent with some upside (Williams arrow has been improving - slower than I would have liked but 2 months ago I thought he was trending towards mediocre bench player - now he's consistently putting up some better games and White has been very good in his role (but will probably get overpaid in the off-season).  

With that said - trade Derozan and see if you can get a few unprotected picks and be in a position to retool and see if you can get an unprotected for Vuc.  But they won't do that - so if you go with a Westbrook (worse case you drop him a few weeks later) or try to swing for a PG - I can live with that.  

Coby White is the same player he’s always been.  Basically zero improvement from his rookie season and same with Williams.  Williams hasn’t improved his ability to create, rebound, etc.  

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t get their plan at all. Seems like it’s to go as close to .500 as possible and sell a lot of tickets.  This team has no present or future.

Hope and pray that Lonzo comes back and the team plays like they did in the first half of last season. It's a bad plan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Hope and pray that Lonzo comes back and the team plays like they did in the first half of last season. It's a bad plan. 

Lonzo Ball has become the most overrated player on the planet.  He should just retire, and then people will overrate him for eternity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nor do I.  Capped out, no one up & coming, no picks, and no real assets to trade w/o blowing it up.  Selling out the UC sure seems like priority #1, with playoff revenue as the only real achievable goal.