Official NBA 22-23

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Hey, wizards got to shed John Wall for Russ, then traded him for a nice haul of players to the lakers.

Wizards still Stuck in hell, Houston still there, OKC still there, Lakers went immediately there when he arrived.  I mean you guys hate AKME right now for the moves they have made and you expect them to get this right and make this team better with that garbage player and contract?

14 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Wizards still Stuck in hell, Houston still there, OKC still there, Lakers went immediately there when he arrived.  I mean you guys hate AKME right now for the moves they have made and you expect them to get this right and make this team better with that garbage player and contract?

Yeah but this is like that doctor who thought he had a knack for identifying typhoid but was actually just sticking his typhoid-diseased hands into every patients mouth.

Is russ the sign or the cause of sickness? I still say Wiz came out ahead, which is incredible. Because either they have russ, or they have walls cap stuck on their books. Either way it's bad.

But OKC is really what makes me dread this blow-it up stuff. Even with chisoxfn's caveat that we use assets to grab more pieces quick...you never know the timing.

They have drafted a lot of great players, SGA looks like a star...and they still are terrible. 

This all just sucks.

And unfortunately, AKME deserve no benefit of doubt. To be honest...less than garpax.

Vuc is a fine trade if he's your over the top piece. I think he'd actually be an excellent 3rd guy. Demar was brilliant.

but they squandered what they inherited. In 2020, there were rumors bulls could trade up by trading WCJ. If they Did that and draft Lamelo Ball...this team is on a completely different trajectory. If they draft halliburton...this team is on a completely different trajectory.

Instead, they draft pat williams. then they draft dalen terry who can barely play. 

They trade WCJ later, give away lauri. This is the player dev group and they didn't show any improvement with either.

They failed. We lose. just like with every chicago team.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Players turning on LaVine is something.

I am not surprised - but I still think Derozan is a black hole on offense and I think part of why Lonzo was so important was him having the ball and swinging it meant the rest of the Lavine and Derozan were involved. 

I don’t blame either but it is clear Derozan and Lavine together don’t work unless coaching and them agree on making a change. 

On 12/21/2022 at 7:09 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Ball movement when Derozan is on the floor is just non existent. Not sure where San Antonio Demar went but he has to find ways to get out of this pure iso game that happens and get movement and engagement. 

He had 10 assists tonight so there's hope.  When they're in a half-court set with him at the point, which is the usual configuration, it's cuz Donovan has called for it.  If the club had a traditional point guard other than Dragic, who can't play big minutes, it might not be that way.

4 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

He had 10 assists tonight so there's hope.  When they're in a half-court set with him at the point, which is the usual configuration, it's cuz Donovan has called for it.  If the club had a traditional point guard other than Dragic, who can't play big minutes, it might not be that way.

I suppose the other route is just dumping Williams and something else and seeing if a point guard changed it. I will say Lavine has looked like a different player since the incident. Seems to be getting healthier and back to attacking the hoop vs just settling for jumpers. 

48 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Knowing they won’t actually blow it up - do they retool by moving derozan and Vuc plus some others? I don’t have a clue. We all know my vote is blow it all to hell. 

I don't think Vuc gets you anything useful at this point.  Derozan might, but then what?   They have no shooters, depth, or developing talent to hang their future on.  It's Zach and a busted lotto pick.  How do they improve that with no picks, assets, or cap?  It gets pretty ugly quickly.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Knowing they won’t actually blow it up - do they retool by moving derozan and Vuc plus some others? I don’t have a clue. We all know my vote is blow it all to hell. 

Step 1 is to find a real PG.  I don't think they are willing to go into rebuild mode, so that seems like the next best move.  It worked with Ball, so you find another guy who can do that.

Bulls don't even own their first round pick this year. They would either have to really tear it down that they are a top 4 lottery team or pray the lottery balls fall their way. And although Victor Wembanyama would be a hell of a prize, they would need to win the #1 overall pick to get him. 

Super fun game last night. The lack of rebounding was super frustrating though. Too often guys are just flat footed around the rim and that's another thing that has to change.

If both Coby and AC are gonna be out for a bit, I kinda wanna see Carlik Jones get some run here. I believe it was Will Perdue who brought him up yesterday on the radio. He's a Lonzo-esque pass first point guard who can also score a bit.