Official NBA 22-23

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Bring it on!  I’m rooting for total chaos at this point.  

Will it sell any additional tickets, though?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warriors-reunion-with-gary-payton-ii-reportedly-in-jeopardy-after-blazers-g-fails-physical-001257469.html

Toradol coming up again on the training side of things...looks like the Warriors are going to have to rescind the flurry of trades that resulted in Payton Jr. and Knox on the roster.

I read something the other day that basically said Pat and Ayo are by far the two worse players on the Bulls by advanced statistics and two of the worse starters in entire league at their respective positions. 

Giving that many minutes to guys with negative win shares is not a recipe for success. 

32 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I read something the other day that basically said Pat and Ayo are by far the two worse players on the Bulls by advanced statistics and two of the worse starters in entire league at their respective positions. 

Giving that many minutes to guys with negative win shares is not a recipe for success. 

Didn’t Ayo have some trade value last year and they basically refused to consider it due to the local connection?

16 hours ago, fathom said:

Didn’t Ayo have some trade value last year and they basically refused to consider it due to the local connection?

Whatever trade value he had has probably taken a hit with the way he has regressed.  Not that it much matters now.  I doubt anyone gives up much for Project Pat at this point, even if he is looking like a semi-competent player now, that 4th pick shine is gone.  Not that AK would admit his mistake by trading him now.

Edited by Tnetennba

I love that the Bulls are staring down the barrel of needing to tank again and need lotto luck to retain their pick. Of course that means Wembenyamba, Scoot, or another wing/guard up top.

But let's say they get lucky. They'll need to clear out playing time. That means, depending on who they luck into, getting rid of Vuc, Drummond, Coby, Caruso or maybe even DeMar. If it's any of the first three, they get nothing back.

Holding at the deadline for prayers at getting bounced during the play-in is such s%*# asset management.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

I love that the Bulls are staring down the barrel of needing to tank again and need lotto luck to retain their pick. Of course that means Wembenyamba, Scoot, or another wing/guard up top.

But let's say they get lucky. They'll need to clear out playing time. That means, depending on who they luck into, getting rid of Vuc, Drummond, Coby, Caruso or maybe even DeMar. If it's any of the first three, they get nothing back.

Holding at the deadline for prayers at getting bounced during the play-in is such s%*# asset management.

I spose they could get lucky with S&T for Vuc/Coby.

But yeah not trading caruso was soooo stupid.

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think Zach is gone this offseason, pretty much regardless. 

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I spose they could get lucky with S&T for Vuc/Coby.

But yeah not trading caruso was soooo stupid.

I think Drummond was the worst. He's definitely not coming back with how Billy has used him + there were definitely teams that would have taken him.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I think Drummond was the worst. He's definitely not coming back with how Billy has used him + there were definitely teams that would have taken him.

The back to back of Tristan Thompson to Drummond and both aren't remotely passable with the way the team plays was both a terrible use of resources and obvious that it'd be bad.

This is the struggling on the margins of the roster that Good GMs just never seem to have. And all after trading Gafford for half a season of Theis who then left, leading to this void.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

The back to back of Tristan Thompson to Drummond and both aren't remotely passable with the way the team plays was both a terrible use of resources and obvious that it'd be bad.

This is the struggling on the margins of the roster that Good GMs just never seem to have. And all after trading Gafford for half a season of Theis who then left, leading to this void.

It was nice of them to let Boylen stick around and completely blur any actual player evaluation 

6 hours ago, Quin said:

He got a flurry of floor time just before the deadline after sitting a bunch, so I think they were trying to move him.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

They thought they had Gafford replaced with Bradley who Coach thinks is useless.  What a mess.  It might prove that if an owner promotes cronies the team might be as well off as if he goes outside the organization and hires fresh talent for the FO.