Official NBA 22-23

30 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just still don’t get why you don’t stretch and waive lonzo if you are trying to compete with this crew

The only insane logic I can think of is they think he'll be back — fully healthy — in the '24-'25 season and will try to extend him on a cheap deal in return for their loyalty.

6 hours ago, bmags said:

I just still don’t get why you don’t stretch and waive lonzo if you are trying to compete with this crew

Does it do anything to the cap situation? If not you might as well just hope he comes back the following year. 

26 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Overpriced mediocrity, thy name is the Chicago Bulls.

I would have laughed at that contract a year ago, but Coby actually improved his whole game last year. At only 23, it would have sucked to let him go and see him flourish elsewhere (Lauri cough). 

The contract itself isn't bad. Considering Bruce Brown just got 2 and $45 million, this is actually cheap. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

Mediocre is what they will be. Carter isn’t horrible as an isolated move though. 

They hard-capped themselves since Jevon Carter's deal is part of the non tax-payer MLE. So they can only spend $9 million more on any non vet-min signings or they would go over the tax. 

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I would have laughed at that contract a year ago, but Coby actually improved his whole game last year. At only 23, it would have sucked to let him go and see him flourish elsewhere (Lauri cough). 

The contract itself isn't bad. Considering Bruce Brown just got 2 and $45 million, this is actually cheap. 

The contract itself is fine.  Running it back with basically the same roster though is thoroughly uninspired.  The org is stuck in neutral and this is another signing that doesn’t move the needle. 

Poetl got the same deal as Vooch, but one more year. 

I think fit-wise, Poeltl might actually fit this current Bulls roster better than Vooch. Poeltl gives you better rim protection and rebounding at the expense of floor spacing. 

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The contract itself is fine.  Running it back with basically the same roster though is thoroughly uninspired.  The org is stuck in neutral and this is another signing that doesn’t move the needle. 

They're not even going into the tax. It's the same old same old under a Reinsdorf org. 

Unless there's some miracle trade they can pull off, it's just gonna be another play-in tournament next year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They hard-capped themselves since Jevon Carter's deal is part of the non tax-payer MLE. So they can only spend $9 million more on any non vet-min signings or they would go over the tax. 

Does that count the 10M they might get for ball. I think it does - which means we are getting nothing from him and this are showing how bad the front office is. 

My tune would change if we ultimately decided to retool and make a major trade. 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Does that count the 10M they might get for ball. I think it does - which means we are getting nothing from him and this are showing how bad the front office is. 

My tune would change if we ultimately decided to retool and make a major trade. 

They need to get the DPE approved, which I don't know if they have or not yet.

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They're not even going into the tax. It's the same old same old under a Reinsdorf org. 

Unless there's some miracle trade they can pull off, it's just gonna be another play-in tournament next year. 

When playoff revenue >> making a legit run. 

16 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Everyone should stop spending time and money on the Bulls.  Going nowhere under this ownership. 

I remember watch a game where Carter absolutely went on an insane heater and was wondering who tf he was. 

I like the signing a lot actually.  

Looking at the Bucks lineups here, Carter was a part of the Bucks best starting 5 in terms of +/-.  Carter was also part of the Bucks second most used line up in terms of minutes played.....That's on the #1 team in the east. 

Lots of Bucks fans think he's a starting quality PG. 

Oh and he's a DAWG. From a defensive standpoint he's probably right up there with Lonzo. 

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

It's an upgrade over Pat Bev and they weren't God awful with him. 

Seriously.  I think outside of adding a star, some bull fans aren't gonna be happy. 

Everyone screams about them needing more 3 point shooting and then scoff at them adding a guy who finished 10th in 3P%.